Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real reviews from Samsung Watch 3 Users on this forum...

(Topic created on: 16-02-2021 07:05 PM)
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

Having watched quite a few online reviews... some contradictory... I am interested on those users that are willing to offer advice based on your experiences.  

Particularly...

Battery Life.   Are the online reviews correct with their estimate of less than 2 days battery life ?  Do you have to charge your watch every night, in case it dies halfway through day 2 ? 

Heart Rate monitor.  How good is this actually in your experience ?  Can you get accurate data during daily wearing usage and exercise ?    I actually have a heart condition and an implanted ICD device and the accuracy is very important to me, to be able to monitor my HR regularly during the day.  

I guess these are the two issues from what I have read and watched in videos.   I also feel that if you need to charge the watch daily, it means certain functions such as sleep tracking is pointless... if you cant wear it while it is charging every night then the sleep functions are somewhat void.  

I would appreciate any comments from your own usage experiences ?

I like this watch in concept... perhaps i might wait to see what the 'watch 4' has to offer in terms of improvements when it is released... perhaps in August / September.    

Smiley 😀

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
17 REPLIES 17
Annie989
Voyager
Options
I have a galaxy watch 46 mm & 42 mm & galaxy watch 3 41 mm
& the one I love the best is the 46mm which I got for £100 on ebay
I do find the battery life better on the 46mm probably got a larger battery & I do wear at work & at night
I've had a few fails where I put Spotify on it whilst it had 2 days left on it too wake up & find it 0% but now I've deleted the Spotify app coz it's not very good anyway & the music app works great much better in the car with Bluetooth if it cuts out whilst driving
I use the stress app more

Eg the sleep app is good

U can put ur watch in to power mode at night u need to go into the wear app

Screenshot_20210216-213129_Galaxy Watch PlugIn_1034.jpg

Annie989
Voyager
Options
I charged this up this morning first thing to 100% (4am)
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

Thanks Annie.   

It is the watch 3 that I am seriously looking at buying in the large 46mm size.    I read in an article the original earlier Samsung watch is better for battery life than the newer watch 3... although in watch 3 terms, the 46mm version has a bigger battery than the 41mm, so is marginally better.  But still all reviews point to less than a 2 day battery.  

My biggest concern is the need to charge it every day.  Therefore it also means as well as charging a phone every night...there is a watch too.   And if I forgot to charge it one night, would it then die halfway through the next day...

Also if it is located on a charger every night then it can't therefore be on the wrist as well... meaning not getting any benefit of the sleep functions (although not sure whether it will be used and analysed much anyway... I already know I am a rubbish sleeper :smiling-face:

I also need access to accurate heart rate whenever I demand it... and it doesn't need to be running all day, but if I find i am having an heart 'issue', I want to be able to press a HR button and get my current rate at an accurate level. 

I actually also have a polar chest strap HR monitor, but I gather than it does not integrate with the watch 3.   This is a bit of an oversight i think by Samsung. 

I have literally just bought the newest S21 ultra phone, and that is great... i just really want to like this watch 3 as a companion...but not sure it is up to the task in battery life... but I am sure it works well with the phone integration great.

Thanks for your comments, it is much appreciated :smiling-face:

- Smiley

0 Likes
Pd810
Voyager
Options

hello @smiley ,

first of all, I have been using Galaxy Watch 3 for 4months now, and they are certainly the best smartwatch I have had. 

Battery life: the battery life is good, 2 days without a problem, also with some workouts. I am charging every day for 30 min, in the morning, while I am showering, and in this case, I am getting at least 5 days of battery life. 

Heart rate monitor: Well, it has an enhanced and most sophisticated sensor in Galaxy Watch ever. I set the heart rate measure for every 10 minutes. It is working great, at the end of the day I can find a graph and whole day sum-up in Samsung Health app on the phone. Galaxy Watch 3 can also measure oxygen blood concentration, stress level, blood pressure and ECG. Everything is working fantastic, without any problem.

Built quality: excellent built quality materials, no issues there. Just looks stunning. rotating bezel is something that only Samsung offers, and I absolutely love it.

Software: user interface very similar to OneUI. everything is smooth, with no hiccups. there is everything you need, from the stopwatch, through weather, Bixby, spotify, camera remote control, and much more. Also, I have to say that Samsung also offers the biggest gallery of watchfaces (you can download tons of watch faces from Galaxy store, or also Facer app is working). Activity measurements and workouts recording is doing its job, and you can choose between many workouts, there is also enhance running recording, where you can see things like asymmetry, contact and fly time.  

to sum it up, Galaxy Watch 3 is a great device, and you won´t regret buying them :winking-face:

PS: when you have more questions regarding Watch 3, write to me and I will try to answer everything

Annie989
Voyager
Options
I have my wireless charger next to me when I'm watching TV so if it needs topping up I'll do it then so there's Alway time to do it before going to bed
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

I have the Watch 3 and am very disappointed with the heart rate monitor. I have it set to continuous and it constantly drops out. I also have the Active 2 which is much better so much so that I've switched back to wearing that full time and am thinking of purchasing another for working out. The other one can the be on the charger. 

0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

@Pd810 wrote:

hello @smiley ,

first of all, I have been using Galaxy Watch 3 for 4months now, and they are certainly the best smartwatch I have had. 

Battery life: the battery life is good, 2 days without a problem, also with some workouts. I am charging every day for 30 min, in the morning, while I am showering, and in this case, I am getting at least 5 days of battery life. 

Heart rate monitor: Well, it has an enhanced and most sophisticated sensor in Galaxy Watch ever. I set the heart rate measure for every 10 minutes. It is working great, at the end of the day I can find a graph and whole day sum-up in Samsung Health app on the phone. Galaxy Watch 3 can also measure oxygen blood concentration, stress level, blood pressure and ECG. Everything is working fantastic, without any problem.

Built quality: excellent built quality materials, no issues there. Just looks stunning. rotating bezel is something that only Samsung offers, and I absolutely love it.

Software: user interface very similar to OneUI. everything is smooth, with no hiccups. there is everything you need, from the stopwatch, through weather, Bixby, spotify, camera remote control, and much more. Also, I have to say that Samsung also offers the biggest gallery of watchfaces (you can download tons of watch faces from Galaxy store, or also Facer app is working). Activity measurements and workouts recording is doing its job, and you can choose between many workouts, there is also enhance running recording, where you can see things like asymmetry, contact and fly time.  

to sum it up, Galaxy Watch 3 is a great device, and you won´t regret buying them :winking-face:

PS: when you have more questions regarding Watch 3, write to me and I will try to answer everything

Thankyou very much for your thorough review.   This puts to rest some of my concerns, so it is much appreciated.     

Some years ago I owned the Gear S3 Frontier which was amazing for many functions, but was disappointing for heart rate as a runner.   It used to lose time during a run, and have some spurious data in the heart rate... i would regularly be 225 BPM according to the HR monitor 😂

However these days my requirements are different.  I currently have a Garmin Vivoactive 3, but I have had to give up most running and fitness due to my heart condition.  Therefore I am less active, although also very intrigued with the soon to be released ECG and BP functions in the next software update.    These would be really useful for my own health checking.    Currently I have a chest strap monitor that I could still use with another app on my phone, and a separate large Blood pressure monitor, so a watch that can do these reasonably well for me would be well received !

Appreciate your time in replying, thanks

Smiley :smiling-face:

- Smiley

smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

Thanks Annie, good idea !  

I have to be a little bit careful around wireless chargers... they can interfere with my ICD device, but i will likely use it to boost charge the watch and then charge it fully every second or third night.   

I won't put the charger by my bed though due to being close ... so it will need to go somewhere else.  

- Smiley

0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

@lisafox16 wrote:

I have the Watch 3 and am very disappointed with the heart rate monitor. I have it set to continuous and it constantly drops out. I also have the Active 2 which is much better so much so that I've switched back to wearing that full time and am thinking of purchasing another for working out. The other one can the be on the charger. 

Sorry to hear that Lisa.   This is a concern of mine, although I guess there are always good and bad experiences.   I may well give it a try for myself, and make a judgement call.

Thanks

- Smiley

0 Likes