Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real factory reset on Buds Pro

(Topic created on: 16-02-2021 05:32 PM)
TheTomCutler
Apprentice
Options
I've been through the mill this afternoon looking for an answer to this but have found nothing. Is there a true hard reset, rollback firmware option for galaxy buds pro? I just can't see a developer making these without the option to fully hard reset if there was an issue with an update or whatever. The reset through the app does nothing to help.

My buds pro arrived today and worked fine out of the box, updated them and now the left bud has no audio - it connects, charges and responds to touch input as it should but no audio. I've tried everything. All I can think is that the update failed in some way.

Next step is to exchange them but find it odd and very disappointing that there's no force update, force reset and no PC software to rollback the firmware like the previous models.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Rt3
Journeyman
Options
give samsung tech support a ring
0 Likes
TheTomCutler
Apprentice
Options
no help unfortunately, apparently it is a hard reset 😕. Still, no option to roll back or reinstall the firmware though from a user perspective, has to go to a repair centre for that.
0 Likes
ghosty
Voyager
Options
did you try turning the volume up using the touch controls on the buds themselves to see if you can hear any sound after it's been turned up. give that a quick try and see if you have any luck, can't get any worse ☹️
0 Likes
TheTomCutler
Apprentice
Options
thanks for the suggestion ghosty, had a little hope I'd missed something for a sec there 😭. No luck unfortunately
0 Likes
ghosty
Voyager
Options
that's a shame, that managed to solve a volume prob I had with buds+ once