Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Reading Messenger messages on Galaxy Watch 3

(Topic created on: 25-03-2021 06:02 PM)
Sneezles
Apprentice
Options

Hi - I have just got my Galaxy Watch 3, bluetooth version, and I have a setup problem. Although I can get it to notify me of a Messenger message, it tells me to open the message on my phone - it won't let me read the message on the watch. Help! WhatsApp seems to work fine, I can read messages and reply to them. I have set both Facebook and Messenger to send notifications to the watch in the Wearable app on my phone - what else do I need to do?

cheers!

4 REPLIES 4
Trina165
Student
Options

Having the same issue but in my case I used to be able to reply from my active 2 watch but that ability has vanished with the only option to open on phone. Like yourself, WhatsApp and text messages work fine but FB messenger I now can't even see the message let alone reply any more. Have tried to speak to live help but they're always busy. 

0 Likes
Solution
HulkSmash
Navigator
Options

You have to turn on "message preview" in the settings in the messenger application on the phone in the notification and sounds option.

Trina165
Student
Options
I had message preview on. I ended up uninstalling then re installing messenger and I could both see and reply to the messages again. Thankfully.
0 Likes
Sneezles
Apprentice
Options

Thank you! This seems to have worked. So far so good with the watch - just need to remember never to stray too far from a power socket!

0 Likes