Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reaction from the Samsung Watch

(Topic created on: 02-10-2021 09:21 PM)
LivOle
Journeyman
Options
I have had my watch for over 7 months now but I can't wear it now because my skin is reacting to it. It's very disappointing after paying over £300 for it and now can't wear it. Has anyone experienced this as well?
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
SamWilliams
Pioneer
Options
I didnt have a skin reaction but it would always burn or leave my arm tingling and fingers but a hurting tingling. It's would get worse every time the sensor would light up so I ended up turning them off and only use manualy, have you tried that? I had the new galaxy watch 4 hoping it would be different but I've had the exact same problem so turned the sensor off
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@LivOle: Which of our watches are you experiencing this issue with? Are you finding that the irritation occurs below where the watch face rests on your wrist, or around the strap area? Have you spoken with a GP to see if they're able to shed any light on the reaction you're having?

The user manual states the following with regards to skin irritation while wearing the Galaxy Watch.

• Do not use soap, cleaning agents, abrasive materials and compressed air when cleaning your Galaxy Watch and do not clean it with the ultrasonic waves or the external heat sources. Doing so may damage the Galaxy Watch. Skin irritation may be caused by soap, detergents hand sanitizers, or cleaning agents left on the Galaxy Watch.
• Clean your wrist and band after exercising or sweating. Clean the Galaxy Watch with freshwater, wipe it with a little rubbing alcohol and dry your Galaxy Watch thoroughly.
• When you remove sun block, lotion, or oil, use a soap-free detergent, then rinse and dry your Galaxy Watch thoroughly.
• If the Galaxy Watch gets stained or contains any materials, wipe it with a moistened soft bristle toothbrush.

If the issue is persistent, and you have taken the above into account, then please send a private message to Sam_UK with further details, and myself or one of the other mods will get this escalated for you. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

LivOle
Journeyman
Options
The rash occurs below the watch face, the sensor. I have no health issues or skin problems prior to this problem. I clean my watch daily but this is not helping. I can't wear my watch for longer periods because the rash gets worse. I'm disappointed that I can't use my watch especially at night when I want to record my sleep. I can only wear it for when I go running and have to take it off straight away. I do not use soap or any cleaning agents when I'm cleaning the watch I only use damp cloth with just water. I have the Galaxy Watch 42mm black. I also switched arms and I have the same issue.
0 Likes
LivOle
Journeyman
Options
So if I turn the sensor off will the watch be able to record my sleep ?
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

The sensor is required to record and track some activity @LivOle. I would strongly recommend contacting your GP to see if they're able to shed any light on the reaction you're having? If the issue persists after that, please drop us a Private Message as stated by @AndrewL .