Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RASH with Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2

(Topic created on: 08-03-2021 03:59 PM)
Rhill91
Journeyman
Options
Hi guys,

I've had this watch for about 3 weeks now and wear it everyday. 

I wear it at night to analyse my sleep and during workouts.

I am a very clean person and wash thoroughly WITHOUT wearing the watch, and I also clean the watch. I dry myself and it before I put it back on. 

I have recently seen a rash developing where I wear my watch and it is sore to touch and itches. I have looked online and many other people are experiencing this?

Is there a fault with the products strap??

I can't believe how much this product costs and I can no longer wear it due to the rash. I have never experienced this with any other watch. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
IceQueenDream
First Poster
Options
I used to get this with some Fitbit straps. so I would look into a more natural strap like a leather one. also making sure you wash the area and the watch & strap clean of sweat after a workout.
0 Likes
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
yeah this seems like something that you in particular (along with a few others) are susceptible to.

there's been a couple of posts about this actually so it could be they are using some sort of new treatment or material.

as the post above mentions, I'd look into a 3rd party genuine leather or other type strap which has worked for you in the past.

as with the washing etc, yes, a good wipe down of the watch and scrub around your wrist is a must (if you aren't already, you'd be surprised how many people don't think about giving the strap and watch a clean)
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
I have seen various posts over last few years on various sites re rash from watches with silicon straps - including most makes / models - Apple, Samsung etc
Many saying it is either sensitive skin or due to sweat / moisture under the band. Have seen the suggestion to lightly dust inside of strap with baby talc ( though not tried this myself as not really had the problem apart from very occasionally)
Also wondering if perhaps we sometimes wear the band a bit on the tight side trying to ensure good contact between wrist and back of the watch
0 Likes
Amy151
Journeyman
Options
I have exactly the same rash and so does my partner. We don't wear ours in the shower, and we clean them and dry them thoroughly before we put them back in and still get it!
0 Likes
Rhill91
Journeyman
Options
Thanks all for your replies.

I do regularly wash the watch and my wrists etc after exercise and do dry afterwards.

I have never had a problem with silicone before.

I will look to purchase other watch straps.

Cheers,

Ryan
0 Likes
Murphmrm
Pathfinder
Options
leather strap replacement. works a treat
0 Likes