Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rash from watch

(Topic created on: 18-10-2020 08:46 AM)
gingerkev86
Journeyman
Options

Bought an S20ultra and got my free active watch a little over a week ago. Found a rash this morning and did a quick internet search to see many.....many.....people with the same problem but no answer from samsung. Never had an issue with watch straps before, is there something in the properties of the samsung watch irrating peoples skin and why is samsung giving these products out as "free gifts"?
8 REPLIES 8
lspnash
Apprentice
Options
Are you sure you aren't just wearing the watch too tight?

I did that with my previous watch before my Galaxy Watch, and had a similar reaction to you. It can also depend on what activities you're doing, and the type of strap - a rougher strap while exercising can irritate your skin even more.
0 Likes
gingerkev86
Journeyman
Options
nope, dont like tight fighted watches and its the standard strap. I've only been going about my usual buisiness and slept with it on. I can only assume that my skin is reacting to something in the strap. Also my girlfriend has the galaxy fit and had similar rashes the other week but put it down to the watch overheating.
0 Likes
lspnash
Apprentice
Options
That's really strange then. The only thing I can think of is that in your sleep, something has been putting pressure between the watch and your skin (like laying on your arm or moving about), but I would still contact Samsung directly as any marks from that shouldn't be nearly as visible as yours.

I never wore a standard watch to bed before wearing smartwatches, and since wearing them while sleeping I've noticed I tend to get more marks and indents on my skin. But like I said, none of them have been nearly as bad as yours.

Contact Samsung, and I hope you can get it sorted :smiling-face:
Shnookerdookies
Voyager
Options
hardly samsungs fault your skin obviously doesn't agree with it!!!
0 Likes
gingerkev86
Journeyman
Options
Thats what I'm asking, apt username you've got.
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I have the same problem. I've had my watch active 2 for a year, also had the active. I can go weeks all good. Then I have a similar problem in the place where the watch end tucks in. that's where a rash will appear red then dry and itchy. I honestly think its down to sweat as I get it in the summer on hot days, or having the heating on in winter. Cleaning the strap regularly helps. I tried leather straps and others which also helped it tends to happen with the silicone straps. Also having too tight doesn't help but I found loosening the strap one notch the watch would spin round my wrist. My partner has had no problem with rashes also has the silicon strap.
gingerkev86
Journeyman
Options
just seems strange though, Ive had it a week and already its causing me problems. I actually think you may be on to something though as it is at the same bit for me where the strap goes through. Poor design maybe, rubbing, sweat.....all pretty basic stuff for a watch that should be able to be worn all day and night.
0 Likes
SW2
Pathfinder
Options
if you have the silicon strap then yes it can cause an issue. I have bought leather straps for my watch and don't get the problem any more...
0 Likes