Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rash from Galaxy Watch Active

(Topic created on: 11-04-2021 07:25 PM)
Zlwhtly
First Poster
Options
I've been getting a rash on the underside of my wrist while wearing my Galaxy Watch Active. I first got it after around 1 week of wearing. Stopped to let the skin heal. Then it came back after only 1 day of wearing again. 
It goes very red and dry. It's also making my wrist smell slightly bad.
I never had this problem from my fitbit so I'm not sure what's going on. 
Anyone have any remedies or solutions to stop this from happening?

7 REPLIES 7
digbick420
First Poster
Options
Hi. I had this with rubber strap. It's your skin unable to breathe and the smell is from sweat. I've swapped to a steel wristband and no problems any more
0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @Zlwhtly 

When you wear the Galaxy Watch Active for a long time or do a high-intensity exercise while wearing it, skin irritation may occur due to friction and pressure. If you are wearing your Galaxy Watch Active for a long time, remove the Galaxy Watch Active from your wrist and do not wear your Galaxy Watch Active for several hours.

• Skin irritation may occur due to an allergy, environment factors, other factors, or when your skin is exposed to soap or sweat for long periods. In this case, stop using your Galaxy Watch Active and wait 2 or 3 days for the symptoms to ease. If the symptoms persist or worsen, immediately call your doctor.
  • Make sure your skin is dry before wearing your Galaxy Watch Active. If you wear a wet Galaxy Watch Active for a long time, your skin may be affected.
  • If you use your Galaxy Watch Active in the water, remove foreign materials from your skin and Galaxy Watch Active and dry them thoroughly to prevent the skin irritation.

• Do not use any accessories except the Galaxy Watch Active in the water.

0 Likes
Henry3585
Explorer
Options
Alot of people get that rash of the watch strap is it the rubber strap or the leatger one
0 Likes
ThomasJ
Explorer
Options
I had this with active 2 and watch 3. I have now changed from the original strap on watch 3.gone for a really nice metal one.
0 Likes
missspanglypink
First Poster
Options
I have this too. And it's intensely itchy. I do make sure I take my watch off and clean the strap daily.
I brought my watch September. 20211119_104518_14627_1637318718.jpg20211119_104509_14626_1637318710.jpg20211119_104634_14628_1637318794.jpg
0 Likes
Tammy09771
First Poster
Options

I have same issue. Ive switched bands but this is from watch itself. Ive cleaned watch with alcohol then washed wrists with antibacterial soap then applied antifungal ointment. I make sure my wrists are dry. For me its due to moisture under the watch & being too tight. 

0 Likes
Payton74
First Poster
Options

20230207_160102.jpg

 I'm getting blisters and it's from the back of the watch not the bands. No sweat, take it off during exercise and showers, etc... so I don't wear it for at least 2 to 3 hours a day, more when I charge it... but I have to rotate wrists every 3 or 4 days... seems to be more than just "environmental"  or allergies, since Ive n

0 Likes