Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rapid Sudden Battery Drain on Gear S3 Frontier. Tizen 4

(Topic created on: 13-03-2021 09:42 PM)
TheWaltonMystic
First Poster
Options

Had my S3 Frontier for 18 months now. No battery issues. Today it's battery starts to drain from 100% to 20% in 5 hours, for seemingly, no apparent reason.

I charge the device every night.

The only recemt changes have been the move to Tizen 4.0 and the new "Galaxy Wearable" app on the phone.

Anyone else out there having the same issue and is there a fix. Any help would be appreciated.

Samsung?

Details below:

Model: SM-R760

O/S: Tizen 4.0.0.2

Software: RX760XXU2DSA1

Know :2.30

Knox Wearable 2.30

SE for Tizen: 2.3

TIMA 3.0.0

9 REPLIES 9
Jdiaz81
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue after i got the S10+,

After 11 hours its down to 39%.

With the S8+ the watch could keep the battery over 2 days

Dave66
First Poster
Options

Have had my S3 Frontier since March 2018 and very few problems up to today.

Put my fully charged S3 on at 05:45 today and it's now (19:00) at 4%. Not happy if this is what it's going to do for no reason!

0 Likes
DarthFaber
First Poster
Options

Same issue here it started happening right after the tizen 4.0.0.4 update.

Even with Watch always on turned of battery will not last more than 10 hours

BatteryDrain
First Poster
Options

Sammy don't care. They con you into buying this garbage watch that works at 1st but then they start to update and tweak it to the point of making the watch a brick expecting you to buy the latest version. I stopped buying Sammy's phones and next will be their watch. One Plus please hurry up and produce a watch. 

0 Likes
svobodma
Student
Options

Hi, I have same issue. I installed tizen 4.0.0.4 week ago. Since this time my battery life with Always On is shorter than 8-10 hours.  I have had Gear S3 Frontier for 6 month and whole time the battery life time was perfect. I reseted Watch, I uninstalled Phone APP, I also had watch in Samsung service. Samsung service said all is ok, but they test it in stand by mode , so what to say, I am really disappointedfrom this state

0 Likes
svobodma
Student
Options

0 Likes
Bbird
Student
Options
Hi i have the same problem, have tried factory resets etc to no avail. I seem to remember Apple customers took lawsuit about Apple interfering in battery life etc, especially coming up to the launch of new products! Samsung i hope you are listening?
0 Likes
Panagiotis143
Student
Options

Same problem here.. I took the watch to the nearest authorized service.. they changed the battery and the problem still remains, but they don't admit that the watch is not working properly. They said to me "the watch is working as it should work". One advice... never buy Samsung products again. It's the last time for me. Note 5, Gear S3, Wireless charger, Power bank all gone for sale. The worst after sales support i've ever had! 

kamSingh
Student
Options
hey Samsung Support, wakey wakey - your customers asking questions so where are the replies?
0 Likes