Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rapid battery drain

(Topic created on: 20-10-2021 07:41 AM)
Dave_0074
Explorer
Options
Greetings Samsung allies🤭.
I need your wisdom🤞...is it just me or is anyone elses SAMSUNG GEAR S3 FRONTIER Smart watch suddenly started draining at lightning speed. I have had the watch now for about 3/4 years.. and I know everything has a shelf life, but lately I'd be lucky if I get 8hours out my watch with only about 20 apps loaded. I noticed moreso about two weeks ago, because normally if it's Don to around 70% I'll just top up, but lately 😭😭😭...so I bought a reputabale replacement 400 mah battery (glowing reviews 4.6/5)...read up about RESETTING watch (done 3 times), Clearing data/ cache from Galaxy wearable app, turning off notifications alerts, changed HR settings, uninstalled or closed apps...
So ....I 💯% charged my watch at 9pm and within 1hr, my watch was down 10%....by 6am next day it was 21%😭😭😭
So not even 12 hours...Any ideas or boffins, techy junkies that can shed some light on this issue...or do you think SAMSUNG have installed a program in the latest firmware update, to force a new watch purchase

Yours desperately
16 REPLIES 16
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Could be an issue of compatibility with the watches software.
You've obviously done the other stuff normally recommended.
If its a decent and new battery, then you'd be looking at getting a Samsung approved agent to look at it.
Could be the software has become corrupt in some way as its a few years old now
0 Likes
Dave_0074
Explorer
Options
Morning Glen ☀️..thanks for feedback..I bought a new Samsung galaxy s20 FE phone three weeks ago..I'm at a loss..I may have to look at a Galaxy watch 4 classic but I hear they overheat😭..
Where are the old Nokia 3310 mobile brick when you need one🤭
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Ha yeah I still have a 3310 at home. Indestructible things.
Not sure about the overheating thing. Could be down to various factors. But it seems the new watches have been well received by people.
S20 FE, nice phone. Should get on well with that 🙂👍🏻
Mal78
Student
Options
This has started to happen on my new S4 watch!! Not sure whether it's an update or something!!
Dave_0074
Explorer
Options
😭😭 oh Mal, don't say that...I just looked at one today...and I'm in two minds..I'm not impressed to say the least🤔 at this battery issue, next I'll be wiring up the car battery to it🤣🤣
0 Likes
purple_snail
Apprentice
Options
My watch 4 suddenly lost battery life yesterday, dropped down to 17% by early afternoon after an overnight charge. Usually easily lasts me a day. Same thing this morning except battery at 11% by midday, I've not done a thing today.
Just reset it and on charge now to see if that fixes it!!
0 Likes
Dave_0074
Explorer
Options
Hey purps, some definitely sounds off with Samsung..it's to much of a coincidence...all galaxy watches having the same issues..
0 Likes
Mal78
Student
Options
The watch(was) fantastic, my 2nd one. But all of a sudden its just been eating through the battery!! I just use to charge it once a day(probably could have got 2), and always ended up with it at around 56%...but this week I'm charging it nearly 3 times a day... It's using nearly 35% in the night with it in aeroplane mode, night mode, no Bluetooth or WiFi! 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣🤣🤣
purple_snail
Apprentice
Options
To be fair it's been fantastic up until yesterday, I really hope it's just a glitch!!