Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rapid battery drain

(Topic created on: 21-10-2021 10:07 AM)
Dave_0074
Explorer
Options
Greetings Samsung allies🤭.
I need your wisdom🤞...is it just me or is anyone elses SAMSUNG GEAR S3 FRONTIER Smart watch suddenly started draining at lightning speed. I have had the watch now for about 3/4 years.. and I know everything has a shelf life, but lately I'd be lucky if I get 8hours out my watch with only about 20 apps loaded. I noticed moreso about two weeks ago, because normally if it's Don to around 70% I'll just top up, but lately 😭😭😭...so I bought a reputabale replacement 400 mah battery (glowing reviews 4.6/5)...read up about RESETTING watch (done 3 times), Clearing data/ cache from Galaxy wearable app, turning off notifications alerts, changed HR settings, uninstalled or closed apps...
So ....I 💯% charged my watch at 9pm and within 1hr, my watch was down 10%....by 6am next day it was 21%😭😭😭
So not even 12 hours...Any ideas or boffins, techy junkies that can shed some light on this issue...or do you think SAMSUNG have installed a program in the latest firmware update, to force a new watch purchase

Yours desperately
16 REPLIES 16
Dave_0074
Explorer
Options
..you know Mal,🤔 your really not selling the product to me right now🤣🤣🤭I was charging my S3 FRONTIER, once a day too, with the occasional top up in passing..but if you the 4 is going to be like that now...3 times day..I better up my electricity bill monthly payments 😭🤣🤣
0 Likes
Precept182
First Poster
Options

My galaxy 46mm starting draining rapidly about 4 days ago, very frustrating. The watch is almost useless. I was about to order a battery for it but it seems like it's a Samsung issue. I hope they fix it soon I've tried resetting the watch, phone and app but still the same result. 

0 Likes
Dave_0074
Explorer
Options
Oh I so feel your pain 😭😭😭 that's when mine started really badly...I'm lucky if I get 10 hours now on my S3 gear FRONTIER
0 Likes
purple_snail
Apprentice
Options
Software update pushed through last night, charged overnight as normal on my galaxy watch 4 .. so far today everything back to normal, 8% battery drain in 4 hours 😀
0 Likes
Dave_0074
Explorer
Options
Morning Purps..was that update through the galaxy wearable app? hopefully it will sort it..I got 11 hours on watch from 1pm to midnight from 💯 to 9%
0 Likes
Precept182
First Poster
Options

I didn't get an update, here is what my watch has

Screenshot_20211021-043726_Galaxy Watch PlugIn.jpg

0 Likes
A-FAST-ASSISTsimple
Pathfinder
Options
3/4 years., yeah maybe get it checked for the battery or battery usage in settings it might be a background app or a poor battery do check the apps first though.
0 Likes