Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Galaxy Watch Health App workout list compared to phone app

(Topic created on: 21-06-2021 04:32 PM)
Members_KWHfo7K
Apprentice
Options

Please can anyone advise when/if Samsung have any intentions of updating the workouts that you can pick off of Samsung Health on the Galaxy 3 Watch? 

I workout daily with Aerobics, HIIT and/or Zumba but am unable to use my watch to record these exercises unless I select 'OTHER WORKOUT' as an option and then go on my phone afterwards to edit (well change to Aerobics as the others aren't on the App anyway)! It's so annoying as these are pretty common workouts for most people and I think that the calories that are worked out for 'Other Workout' are much lower that on these other workouts. 

I got the Watch in order to use it to record my workouts and until I bought it I was unaware of the lack of choice for the Watch to actually record. 

Any help gratefully received. I mentioned this to the help team and was told just to mention it on the community site as this gets checked by their Research and Development team for ideas on how to improve their products. 

If anyone else wishes to get on their case please feel free to create a post as I have gone through the community pages and seen that there are many other disgruntled fitness people who would like a few tweaks to the wearables selection of workouts! 

5 REPLIES 5
Members_KWHfo7K
Apprentice
Options

Any updates on this as it's really annoying. Also the calories burnt are different from the 'Other Workout' and Aerobics choices (did a compare on phone v watch today!)

MsMiller
Apprentice
Options
I rose this issue with Samsung last week as I couldn't start an Aqua Aerobics class from my watch and was told I can only start this type of workout from my phone - who takes their phone into the pool and swims with it?!

I also found out today that I can start the 'Other Workout' and leave my watch on the side and it will display that I am burning calories. This is apparently based on height/weight input and not on effort/HR, as apparently only the walking and running function use your HR as the calorie burn basis.

A pretty pointless fitness tracker now I know this!
Members_KWHfo7K
Apprentice
Options

I agree - such a pain! I mean the whole point of getting this watch was because I used Samsung Health on my phone and wanted to be able to use those features on the watch - a huge investment based on the fact the adverts etc pointed to the watch having the same features being available on both - not a very restricted number of exercises being on the watch...and the ones that are there are so bizarre! 

MsMiller
Apprentice
Options
Completely agree, it has been misadvertised through the customisable workout list on the phone.

I literally bought a Fitbit after receiving this feedback 😄 my beloved Samsung watch is now up for sale! Screenshot_20210621-162959_Samsung Members_16914.jpg
Stonewashblue
First Poster
Options
It's so bizarre, I've sent a question in, hopefully it's a quick update fix
0 Likes