Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor battery life on galaxy4 classic watch

(Topic created on: 08-11-2021 11:39 AM)
jmcg
Apprentice
Options
What is going on with the poor battery life?! I bought a galaxy 4 classic a week ago. Followed all set up instructions to the letter but each dsy by 2pm the battery was down to around 50-60% without be even making a call, sending a message ? I tried resetting twice, deactivating all Health activity reading apps, used a stick watch face  reduced brightness, even turned on power saving mode. Buy still the battery life was at 0 before 5pm. That is pretty ridiculous! So I returned the watch and have just received a replacement yesterday.  Set it up last night having charged it to 100%, upgraded software and watched again as battery life dropped dramatically. So reset watch. Charged to 100% overnight. Removed of its charger at 8am..by 9am having done nothing but put it on its down to 85%!!!! 
My partner has an apple watch and uts incredible...still at 85% by end of day and thsts without using a power save or having to disable any health monitoring apps. Anyone able to advise what to do? 

Tbh I'm thinking of just returning it again and getting an iPhone and apple watch on my nexf update. Ps my phone is a Samsung S20. Thanks. 
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful to you

Reduced battery life on your Samsung smart watch

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003232/
0 Likes
jmcg
Apprentice
Options
Thank you
0 Likes
jmcg
Apprentice
Options
Just taken a look at the link. I did all of these with the first one and with this one..still not holding charge. I even rang samsung after failing to get the first watch to hold charge and they recommended I send it back and get a replacement. Well my replacement is doing the same, even having followed all of their recommendations on this link 😒
A5adm
Journeyman
Options
having the same problem but with my actual phone😂 s21 ultra
0 Likes
Potshot2k4
Pathfinder
Options
Jmcg are you using lte on or off? If it's on are you in a bad signal area? Only thing I can think of is signal is bad and the watch is trying hard using more battery to get a connection and its eating your battery. There's a definite difference with lte on where I use it the signal strength isn't the best and it uses about 4-5% battery every hour with minimal use. When I'm at home if I use lte it's slightly better as I get a stronger signal. Using Bluetooth only I can get 2.5 days or so.
0 Likes
jmcg
Apprentice
Options
Thanks. Yes I have the LTE (4G) model. Though the 4G is pretty good in my house and I've also tried leaving the WiFi on too, with or without BT on too so wouldn't it automatically utilise that connection turn instead of the 4G?
0 Likes
jmcg
Apprentice
Options
I will try that though tomorrow and see what it does with mobile conne toon switched off. Would you recommend leaving just BT and WiFi connection on or just BT if at home and just BT on if in bad signal area?
0 Likes
Potshot2k4
Pathfinder
Options
I'd definitely turn off WiFi and stick lte on auto connection so it only kicks in if you are out of range of your phone, you will definitely see an improvement then. If you have lte on, whilst it may use wifi connection over lte if you download something for example, wifi only kicks in when required but lte if you have it set to always on it will be on regardless if you need it or not and will be a big battery drain
0 Likes
Potshot2k4
Pathfinder
Options
I'd leave wifi off, bt on and lte on auto, also location I have set to off unless I'm doing a run or something. This is with sleep and heart rate tracking on and auto detect workouts, aod, raise to wake screen set to off. Oh and power saving set to on
0 Likes