Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pokemon GO APP for watch?

(Topic created on: 08-05-2020 12:05 AM)
Moose258
First Poster
Options

Hi everybody

i have the new S10+ and will be picking up a new samsung watch i am pokemon Go user and i am just wandering if there is an app similar to the Apple Watch for Pokemon Go players?

TIA

12 REPLIES 12
SaltyKitten
First Poster
Options

I would also like to know this ty

TracyR
Options

Hey there @Moose258  and @SaltyKitten !

The Samsung watch does not have a Pokemon Go app. 

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
Aniona
First Poster
Options
+1 we really need this app
TracyR
Options

I'm afraid it's unlikely that Niantic will be putting this into development as they're also due to be removing support for the Apple Watch app soon because of the launch of their Adventure Sync feature.

:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Say "hello!" and

0 Likes
Grundy
First Poster
Options
Adventure sync has been out for a while though what do you mean? That's how the watches work
TracyR
Options

It has yes, but it's because of that and them wanting to promote the use of the Pokemon Go Plus that they've removed the Apple Watch app and why they're very unlikely to support an app for the Galaxy Wearables in the future.

Say "hello!" and

0 Likes
Fisher-
First Poster
Options
@TracyR wrote:

I'm afraid it's unlikely that Niantic will be putting this into development as they're also due to be removing support for the Apple Watch app soon because of the launch of their Adventure Sync feature.

Does adventure sync count your steps from your watch though when you're not carrying your phone? That's the biggest thing i want on my watch. 

0 Likes
Samsunfamsince1
First Poster
Options

It does not, but I ended up purchasing the app health sync which syncs my samsung steps from watch and phone to my google fit which syncs to adventure sync. It's a process, but it works

0 Likes
Jeziel
Student
Options

You can also simply download Strava (free activity tracker app), along with Google Fit, and use that to "sync" both apps.

Samsung Health --> Strava --> Google Fit --> Pokemon Go

It may seem like a whole process, but, trust me, it's not. Besides, it's completely free!!