Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Podcasts on Galaxy Watch 3

(Topic created on: 21-05-2021 02:46 PM)
Beef_Stockholm
Pioneer
Options

Hi, I'm a proud owner of a Galaxy Watch 3 and a S20.

I've googled around and searched here but can't find an answer to a basic question. ie. How to listen easily to podcasts on the watch, syncing with the phone etc.. 

What's the best app? And easiest way to get the podcasts available while away from the phone.

I found someone mentioned google podcast but that doesn't work. I use Player FM which I really like, but when changing the download location, I still can't find the files to push to the watch in the wearbables app.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks!

52 REPLIES 52
DOS_
Pathfinder
Options

Wow, not complicated at all.... 😉 Poddy still works

Vignaraj
Apprentice
Options

yep, poddy does seem like a better option!😅

Nico2412
First Poster
Options

Strongly interested ! 👍

0 Likes
Craigyboy1986
First Poster
Options
Please fix this issue.
0 Likes
miczz
Journeyman
Options

Haven't you heard?  Samsung solved this problem by giving up on Tizen and going forward they will use WearOS.  For the money if you go that route I vote for the TicWatch.  Better battery and functionality.  Foolish me, I got on the Tizen band wagon because I though Samsung would pull out in front of Google.

0 Likes
Re3
First Poster
Options

My carrier sent me a 'free' Samsung Active 2 watch today. Even though I didn't want to pay $10 a month extra on my monthly bill, I thought maybe not having to carry my phone with me on my daily runs would be worth it, if just. I use Player FM on my phone. Seems like that's still not available on the watch. Clearly this Samsung technology is not there yet. I'm sending the watch back. Let me know when I can abandon my clunky phone in favor of a do-everything watch only. That day is coming, clearly. It's just not here yet.

0 Likes
Beef_Stockholm
Pioneer
Options

Gave up trying to find a solution. Got the galaxy 4 yesterday. Spotify now works better but still not great but there are now a few apps which work in the same way as podasts on Apple. 
So now using Navcast which syncs with the watch so looking promising now. Shame and strange that they never even thought about this on Tizen.

0 Likes
DOS_
Pathfinder
Options

Yeah, mine arrived last week also.  Haven't needed to test it yet, but Spotify seems to have the ability to download, so looks much closer to a solution.
Such a shame that they didn't find a solution.

And the best thing is that GPay works on the 4, as Samsung Pay never worked in Ireland for me, no bank in country ever approved it, nor any of the electronic banks.

0 Likes
Thillier88
First Poster
Options

Did they ever fix the podcast issue. 

Spotify seems to work well with songs but can't bring over the podcasts ?

0 Likes
DOS_
Pathfinder
Options

They fixed it by implementing it on the Watch4

0 Likes