Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment methods - Watch Locked everytime

(Topic created on: 03-11-2021 11:37 PM)
carlosqueiroz
Journeyman
Options

Hello friends,

I'd like to ask for sorry, at first, because my english is not very good. I know I ought to improve it. By the way, I really need your help or even that you send this request to Samsung developers.

Well, I don't know if you are familiarized with Active 2 and the payment method (Samsung Pay). But, when I usually have to do a payment, Active 2, open a kind of circle with numbers (0-9) where I have to type my PIN. This is a security measure, and I know it's too important.

Continuing... After I type my PIN at Active 2, Samsung Pay is OK to use, where I can choose the credit card I want and finally make the payment via NFC.

This is (I bet) the right way to do it. And it's awesome!

!!! BUT !!!

Now, at Galaxy Watch 4, after I insert (include) all my credit cards, the device asked me for a PIN. Ok, that's right... so I input it (a 4 digit PIN).

And, the real problem is, now even when I normally use the watch, a lock icon appears in the top of the screen. Even if I want to do a simple task, like check the weather, listen to a song, or try to see any simple information, I OUGHT to unlock the device before, inputing the PIN I typed.

??? WHY IT IS SO COMPLICATED NOW ???

Instead a upgrade it looks like a terrible downgrade!

I really think (and agree) that the PIN is too important BEFORE using Samsung or Google Pay as a security measure... BUT even in SIMPLE TASKS? It makes the wearable unusable!

Please, let me know if its possible to make this procedure the same as Active 2, just striking the PIN only we use a payment method. Or... please let the developers know this issue.

Help, Samsung... come back with the old method! A circle where I can type the PIN just WHEN I use Samsung / Google Pay.

Tks a lot!!

3 REPLIES 3
szelee
Explorer
Options
Hmm.. I managed to unlocked it once and as long as I'm wearing the watch, it will remain unlocked. I wonder if you have tried to remove the watch from your hand?
0 Likes
carlosqueiroz
Journeyman
Options

Tks for the reply Journeyman.

But even, for example, when the watch "sleeps" (dark screen), after "wake up"it, the lock is there. Frustating.

0 Likes
szelee
Explorer
Options
I think I miss out this part. I did set up smart lock on the settings of the phone. May be you can try this.Screenshot_20211104-060959_Google Play services_6564.jpg
0 Likes