Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outrageous Battery Drain - GW4

(Topic created on: 01-12-2021 07:51 PM)
Adam Flanigan
Student
Options

I just got my brand new Galaxy Watch 4 (yesterday) and it drained battery at a rate of about 25% every 5 hours, which is bad enough in its own right. But today, after a full night's charge, it completely died in just 4 HOURS. when it got down to 10% and below it would lose 1% ever 20 SECONDS, what is this and why is this happening??

6 REPLIES 6
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful to you

Reduced battery life on your Samsung smart watch

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003232/
0 Likes
Adam Flanigan
Student
Options

Hey, I've already been to the troubleshooting page and it didn't seems to slow the drain at all, this has to be a software issue and I hope Samsung pays attention to it, these watches are to expensive to be having really bad issues like this.

0 Likes
Potshot2k4
Pathfinder
Options
I dont think there is a definitive answer, but as its new id suspect You have updated the device and played with settings which will disrupt your battery to a degree. I'd first of all try clearing your device cache partition, follow this youtube vid to show you how.
https://youtu.be/3mvRvEsAPpE
I'm not sure if yours is lte or bt version but if you are in a weak signal area and have lte always connected it can drain the battery if your watch is struggling to connect to lte, so id only enable this is you need it (set it to auto rather than always on). I'd make sure that wifi isn't connected unless absolutely needed as you can use Bluetooth or lte instead. Mine seemed to die quickly at first but it did seem to calm down after a few days. Hope this helps
0 Likes
franya
First Poster
Options
Mine is draining 100% overnight. Which is about 6 hours. Never did this until a couple of days ago
0 Likes
dsabme
Apprentice
Options

I have a 40mm LTE. With just AOD on and all the radios off even LTE it lasts about 18 hours max including 9 hours bedtime, dies before i start my workout in the evening, feeling cheated. Worst decision to stick with it. Never trusting youtube again.

0 Likes
Jav6985
First Poster
Options

The same thing is happening  to me got a 40mm black lte and only lasts 4 hour doorment.so I returned it thinking  I got a faulty battery and the second one does the same not any better.but one strange  thing my wife has a ping one and it's great last two Days and the both are on the same settings and battery  saver please help it not fair to pay 299$ for 4 hours  

0 Likes