Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output Through Speaker on Watch

(Topic created on: 09-11-2021 03:31 PM)
JonNoFun
First Poster
Options

I would like to be able to play music from Spotify or YouTube Music using the watch (Watch 4) speaker, but I can only do so when I have Bluetooth headphones connected.  Is there any reason for that, or will there be a fix in a future update?

3 REPLIES 3
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
On the watch active 2 I know you can play Spotify by downloading the app for the watch then using it in standalone mode on the watch which in turn uses the watches speaker, however it could be completely different on the new one
0 Likes
Potshot2k4
Pathfinder
Options
Here is a solution for you, although not the best. Open spotify or youtube on your watch, choose the playlist you want to play. Press play and it will then goto the Bluetooth screen to connect to earphones. Then press the home screen and open the media player app. You should then be able to click on the play symbol for your watch. Only problem is you can't skip tracks. I've just tested it and it will play thru your list so when you get to the end of a particular playlist just repeat the process. The media player will only show the app you last used whilst using earphones. So if you were playing spotify and wanted to listen to youtube music on your run, you'd have to connect your buds first so media player will change to youtube or vice versa
Ostar
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issues work Samsung health, it will only play the voice guide through a Bluetooth headset, but I want to hear it through the watch speaker since I don't work out with a headset.

0 Likes