Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not waterproof

(Topic created on: 13-02-2023 01:26 AM)
Afzalii
First Poster
Options
I Baught a new Samsung Galaxy Active 2 smartwatch and I went swimming with my son although we are told they are waterproof to a certain extent. What's they don't explain is that thair only waterproof in fresh water so if you want to swimming in your local swimming pool then you can't use it you have to be swimming in a river or lake with fresh water for the warranty to cover it.. Now I was unaware of this now my in perfect condition watch has a mind of its own. Everything works perfectly but there are crack like marks under the screen but the screen in so cracked or discoloured from. Anyware. I just hope it can be repaired under the manufacturer warranty. 🤞
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
You could try rinsing the watch thoroughly in fresh water and then leave it to dry completely (maybe 24hrs). If the watch is still acting erratically then yes I would reach out to Samsung for a repair. Salt water can be corrosive but I'd of thought it would handle the likes of swimming baths etc.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Same with any smartphone manufacturer and watch manufacturer
Chlorinated water and sea water will damage the products if they are regularly exposed to those elements.
If the watch is not working correctly, it's worth contacting Customer Support, as you issue could just be coincidence it's happened when it has
Personally, even with IP ratings. I still try and keep my tech away from water as best I can
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Afzalii Certainly a risk with Chlorinated  water and would keep watch away from pools myself,whilst this article  suggests relatively safe (not a Samsung one)   not sure I agree.  https://www.myperfectpool.com.au/can-you-swim-with-samsung-watches.html 

However worth checking out Samsung as the marks may be due to secondary cause.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
active watch 2 not w
First Poster
Options

mine flipped out after being in a semi hot tub

and will not reset after all the tricks,

i currently have it sitting in a bag of descant in hopes to fix it

0 Likes