Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No vibration if you have tattoos

(Topic created on: 21-04-2022 02:15 PM)
Actionjas
Apprentice
Options
Treated myself to an upgrade from my perfectly functional Galaxy watch to the new watch 4 classic. As you may probably guess from the title it doesn't vibrate because of the tattoos I have on my left arm. Turned my watch over, works. Put it on my right arm, works. This didn't happen with the old watch, it's the feature where it will not vibrate if the watch doesn't think you are wearing it and you can't turn this feature off! This is really shocking, you would think a watch as expensive as it is and made by a company such as Samsung wouldn't have this type of issue. Completely unacceptable 
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You say this but its the bain of all smartwatch watch manufacturers.
Some like the Apple Watch really don't work that well with tattoos
Can't remember the reason why, something in the ink from memory.
Just depends on the type of sensors as well.
It's a known issue for years now.
0 Likes
Actionjas
Apprentice
Options
Yeah I get that, but my old watch worked. They just need to take away the feature where it will not vibrate if you're not wearing it, make that an optional feature
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hopefully someone here may know something in the settings
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Actionjas: I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding this matter. As you have found, tattoo ink can interfere with the sensors on the back of the watch, causing them to function incorrectly. At the moment, there aren't any options in the Settings to address this, therefore I recommend, if possible, wearing the watch on your right arm to avoid any restrictions that your tattoos might be causing. I understand that this is not ideal, and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

0 Likes
Actionjas
Apprentice
Options
A lot of people have tattoos so why is this even an issue? This is a simple design fault that a company like yours should not be making. There is a very simple fix, disable the feature where the watch will not receive notifications if it detects that its not being worn. Again a very simple fix that should have been implemented by now. I am not going to wear it on my other wrist. I'll be getting a refund
boab
Apprentice
Options
try put it on your wrist tighter, worked for me
0 Likes
Actionjas
Apprentice
Options
Tried that, doesn't work. Just seen a post that somebody has stuck a 10mm x 1.5mm silicon dot on the sensor and it works. Worth a shot. A £1.58 alternative solution to a problem a multi billion dollar company can't fix
boab
Apprentice
Options
did you know you can change the orientation of the watch for your other wrist in the wearable app then general settings orientation
0 Likes
Actionjas
Apprentice
Options
Yes I do know that, but I'm not going to start wearing my watch on my other wrist. Call be belligerent but why should I?
0 Likes