Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Trade in for Active 2!

(Topic created on: 10-09-2020 03:41 PM)
Grifter71
Apprentice
Options

So I purchased a Galaxy Watch Active 2 last year and now the Galaxy Watch 3 has been released I wanted to trade in the Active 2 against a new Watch 3. Samsung tell me this is not possible as the Active 2 is still a flagship model!???? Uh? What? So I can't trade in for the latest model (with a working ECG app)? No! was the answer. Not until another Active watch is released, sir. Seriously Samsung what is this about. The operator then told me use Samsung Recycle, I looked, the active 2 isn't listed so she then told me to 'sell it privately'. I really can't understand why Samsung make it soooo difficult to remain a loyal customer. I have so many Samsung products Monitors, TV, S10+, Tablet and even the ***** fridge freezer and microwave. I'm not happy with the Active 2 and wanted the latest watch, with a trade in and not when the watch 3 is old news. Shame, time to look at other reliable options.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@Grifter71: Sorry to hear of your disappointment surrounding this matter. I double checked for you and sadly, as advised, the Galaxy Watch Active 2 is not included in the Trade In, or Samsung Recycle services. This is due to the current market value of the device, and is reflected across other trade in options on our website e.g. The S20 range, the previous flagship phones, are not available as a trade in option for the Note 20 range. I understand your frustration, and apologise for any disappointment this may have caused. 

0 Likes
Grifter71
Apprentice
Options

It makes no sense at all. So people have to skip a model to be able to use the trade in option when they just might want to keep buying the latest model every time one is released. Apple offer trade in for the previous models so why doesn't Samsung. Not very clever really is it. I have relied on Samsung as a brand enough after regular let downs.

Grifter71
Apprentice
Options

Not to mention the available carriers for 4g compared to .....another leading brand

0 Likes