Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No trade in for active 2 for galaxy watch 4??

(Topic created on: 13-08-2021 09:32 PM)
Pezza93
Apprentice
Options

Can anyone explain to me why there is no trade in for the active 2 for the watch 4 on preorder? You can trade in the active 2 for the watch 4 classic and get £150 for it! But nothing for the watch 4!! I could understand a reduced trade in for £100 instead of the £150 but to have no trade in is like a kick in the teeth... Please can anyone make sense of this for me?!

12 REPLIES 12
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
This was something I had noticed myself. I thought trading my active 2 4g and getting the classic for £208 with the hybrid leather strap was a good deal. Only thing is I'm use to the design of active 2. I thought maybe it was because my active was the 4g. Then I noticed none of the active 2 were in the list. I'm just as puzzled as you. Seems only solution is to sell the active 2 on. Though the trade in at the time would have been handy.
Pezza93
Apprentice
Options
I was hoping it was a mistake by samsung. I was really looking forward to trading up to the watch 4 but think I will wait and see if a trade in is available in the future. Samsung have lost a sale because of this 😔
dvdhpr
Explorer
Options
Yep i feel the same
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
I was also disappointed to discover that the Watch Active 2 is not on the trade in list when pre ordering a Watch 4.
I think we should all send an email to / contact Samsung and ask them to add the Active 2 to the trade in list for the Watch 4.
Doesn't make sense to have the option there for the Watch 4 Classic (which I do not like at all and will not work with my very small wrist) and NOT have it for the Watch 4.
I will write to them tomorrow about this.

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
Pezza93
Apprentice
Options
I have spoken to a couple of samsung staff through emails and calls stating that it makes no sense whatsoever! Generally active watch wearers are going to want the watch 4.

All that samsung said to me was it would definately be available as a trade in, in the future but couldn't state whether that would be days, weeks or months!
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
I agree that most Active users will want to go for the Watch 4
It's bad enough we didn't get a Note this year, at least let us upgrade the Watch 🙄

Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I'm guessing it will be available to trade in when the watches are released. As at the moment they are offering £50 extra on trade ins. So once this stops they will probably offer you £100 for the active 2. So at the moment with this offer they don't want you having the watch 4 for just £100. I could be wrong but it seems the only reason to me. Especially if you were told it will come available to trade soon for the watch 4.
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
How did you work out that by doing so, I would be getting the Watch 4 for £100? 😄 Have I missed something?

Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
The trade in price for the active 2 at the moment is £150. Watch 4 starts from £249. So your only paying £100 out your pocket.
0 Likes