Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Spotify on Galaxy Store uk

(Topic created on: 19-11-2020 05:49 PM)
Stefhall
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung phone and now an Active 2 watch but I can't get Spotify though the Store it's not there. I am in the uk.

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
AndrewL
Options

@Stefhall: Do you have Spotify installed on your connected mobile phone, as this is required to access the app on your Galaxy Watch Active 2. For a guide on how to set up Spotify on your watch, please check out the link below from our friends at Samsung US.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00051414/

0 Likes
Stefhall
First Poster
Options

Thank. Yes I have Spotify on my phone all set up but it's not on the Galaxy Store to download onto my watch.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Stefhall: Can you check to see if your Galaxy Watch Active 2 is on the latest software version by opening the Galaxy Wearables app on your phone > About Watch > Update Watch Software > Update Now. 

0 Likes
Stefhall
First Poster
Options

I've updated the software but Spotify is not on the Galaxy store it's not there. It's also not available in my phone either.

0 Likes
Stefhall
First Poster
Options

Any other ideas from anyone? Spotify is not in the Galaxy Store in the UK why not?

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Can you tell us where did you get the watch from? 

0 Likes
Stefhall
First Poster
Options

The watch is from Spain but my husband and I both have Samsung phones from the uk and neither have Spotify on the galaxy store either

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I have located this page from our colleagues in the US that stated that to use this app on the watch you need to download the app from the Play Store on the Phone before: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00051414/

Before you can start listening to music from Spotify on your watch, make sure the app is installed. On some devices, it may come preinstalled.

You can only download and install Spotify onto your watch using the Galaxy Store. However, you will also need to download and install the app onto your phone using the Play Store.

0 Likes
Stefhall
First Poster
Options

Thank you Tess. My phone does have Spotify on it which was downloaded using Play but when I search for Spotify on my watch in the Galaxy Store it is not there.

0 Likes