Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Notifications on Samsung Watch 4 Classic

(Topic created on: 21-10-2021 05:37 AM)
D4W50N
Explorer
Options

Hi All

I'm having serious issues with my watch 4 classic, i don't receive any notifications, sometimes i do but most of the time i don't, the watch picks and chooses, i have been on chat with 2 Samsung "experts" and also been through the trouble shooter several times with no luck, 1 of the "experts" said just get the watch replaced so i went through to the Samsung shop to discuss a replacement to which i was told in total to get a replacement it would take 25days! 2o of those would be my current watch making it back to Samsung.

i wasn't happy with this so ide said ide get back to them, after some research, i can see that this notifications issues has been long running and by the looks of it most of the watches be it series 1 all the way to the current series 4 all have issues with notifications. 

Is this the case? if it isn't what am i missing because I've done everything suggested?

this is my first S watch ive come from using a Fitbit Ionic, and so far the watch is poor, for £400 odd I'm not feeling it at all and if this notification thing is a constant theme them i may just ask for a refund and return to using Fitbit.

please let me know if you have any suggestions for me 

James

7 REPLIES 7
Origin1979
Journeyman
Options

i've literally just got my watch back after 8 days because of the notification issue.  

The first watch only gave notifications when i did not wear the watch and now the second so far is not sending them at all even though they are all selected on the wearable app...   i do though get the calls notification on the watch ...    

i do have a feeling in the previous wearable app version there was an option that says " show only while wearing " and not sure what the setting is for the recent version of the app as its not there anymore,  in my case anyways....  

anyways i dont know what my next step is because all notifications work perfect on falster 3 watch..

0 Likes
D4W50N
Explorer
Options
Thanks for the reply 👍 I'm not sure either and that's my point I don't want to send the unit for a replacement if the replacement is going to be exactly the same, it must be a conflicting issue between the software and the operating system on the watch l, I'm just so suprised to read the countless issues across all of the watch series and Samsung havnt addressed it at all. I'm seriously considering a refund under the fact it isn't fit for purpose as it states
0 Likes
D4W50N
Explorer
Options
I have found from another user that if you habe tatoos on the arm you wear your watch then the sensors carnt get through the ink there for the watch doesn't think its bieng worn and won't send notifications
Justin041094
First Poster
Options

I Have the exact same issue i have a tattoo on my left arm and i dont recieve notifications when it is on but if i put it on my other arm it works fine and the notifications come through,

the older model doesnt require your watch to be on to recieve notifications this is what they need to fix in an update that way if you have a tattoo under the watch then you can still get notifications

jgmomejia
First Poster
Options

I couldn't resist reading these comments, I was totally disappointed with my watch 4, I didn't receive some notifications since the third day that I bought this, so I looking for help here reading some other user's issues.
Then I found that if you have a tattoo the watch 4 didn't work?
Then I tried on the other hand and ok, all notifications work again, this is unbelievable, I used to have the Galaxy 3 Frontier, and was working perfectly, and now because of a tattoo, do I need to switch hands?
Samsung definitely needs to fix this immediately.

0 Likes
Bobr1384
Pioneer
Options

Oh it's absolutely a known broken feature. Until Samsung brings back the setting that allows notifications even while you're not wearing it, good luck with it being anything more than an expensive azz step counter. Sadly I bought the classic and regular and neither get ANY notifications thanks to my ink. 

Here's a YouTube video showing the problem in action if you wanna see.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KKMFf9p7Xtk

0 Likes
Sideshowbottem
Apprentice
Options

This was it

0 Likes