i cant find the date and time option when i go into

settings-device menu

any ideas ?

0 Likes
41 REPLIES 41
Brooklyn_Social
First Poster
Options

It is not necessary to do a factory reset. Simply turn off your Bluetooth on your phone  This will put your watch in stand alone mode.

Swipe right to get to your menu

Select settings

Scroll down until you reach General Management and tap to select

Scroll through menu to Date and Time and tap to select

You can then either turn off Automatic "provided by your network" and adjust watch to the correct time and date or change the time zone.

This should address the issues we have been having with the time on the Samsung Gear watches. 

0 Likes
Nrseife
Student
Options

Works on my galaxy watch.

Btw, I love the way how Garmin watches handle time setting. You have a 3rd option (besides sync to phone or setting manually) and that is setting using the gps. Whenever I landed at a new airport all I had to do was hold my garmin watch to the airplane window and clicked on set time using gps....a few sec later the watch changed the time and timezone appropriately....

Hallo Samsung developers.... wouldn't that be a cool idea? The new Samsung  watches have all it takes to enable that.....

AntS
Options

Hi @Nrseife. I thought it was a cool idea too, so I pitched it at our R&D team for you. Our developers have got back to us, and have let us know that they're considering and reviewing the idea. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
Nrseife
Student
Options

Glad I was able to help.

Unfortunately, I switched back to Garmin (fenix 5+) in the meantome.... Will consider again Samsung smartwatches when hiking apps similar to what Garmin watches offer are availablen for tizen (I am currently on a long vacation/hiking in several countries).

0 Likes
AVASQUEZG
Journeyman
Options
I Have the same problem, furthermore i can't use my clock because the time is one hour ahead automatically whenever I switch on the bluetooh in my phone, I have try everything except reset tthe watch

I think is related with the error in the software that allows to set my timezone, currently I am in GMT -04 but in the watch I can't peak my country Santiago as GMT-04 it shows GMT-03 for this city.

Unfortunely whenever I switch on the bluetooh on my S8 automatically the watch change to Santiago and do not let's me change the time.

Worse yet if I have to use it with the bluetooh off then I have to use it just as a watch and I did'nt by to use it as a watch only I need perfect sync with my cellphone if not is useless.
0 Likes
AVASQUEZG
Journeyman
Options
meanwhile I changed my watch to use my old Seiko 🙂 the timezone trick does not work for me because my phone is a company phone. So back to the basic a Watch always need to be a watch FIRST.
0 Likes
AVASQUEZG
Journeyman
Options
Very SAD, meanwhile there is no solution my S3 is goint rest in my closet. Your answer is not a proper answer,
AVASQUEZG
Journeyman
Options
Works until you switch on the bluetooh again. 😞
AVASQUEZG
Journeyman
Options
Nevertheless, somebody mess with the last update, before I had never have this problem I have changed countries, I have been in different timezone, and I have daylight savings, and always found a way to sync my cell and my watch, so what Samsung it will do to fix this issue it is very weird.

So as I said in other post my watch is going to be in the closet until i have a solution. :-((
Womain
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

6 months after the last post (and more than 2 years after the first one), the issue remains the same!

I have a  gear S2 and I live in Brazil where the Summer Time  has just be cancelled, and no way update the time on the watch!  As insane as it sounds, indeed it's still not possible to set the time on the watch!!!   For sure it's a good joke I will keep telling to people thinking to buy a Samsung watch...

Thank you very much to users who found the workaround and posted it on the internet...  I am so disapointed by Samsung, I though it was a reliable company... Obviously not

Cheers mates, have a good time