Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No choice but to sell my Frontier now.

(Topic created on: 23-05-2019 08:58 AM)
StickyMick
First Poster
Options

OK, so I've decided to sell my S3 Frontier, unless there's a way to solve the insistence on connecting via Bluetooth.
Since the latest update to Tizen 3.0 it looks like Samsung have made it more difficult to use without it being connected 24/7 to an Android device via Bluetooth, which begs the question. Why don't they drop Tizen and use Android Wear instead.

Prior to the update I could wear the watch and leave the Android phone at home after solving the issue of the nagging Bluetooth connectivity issue. I don't use the Android for anything but managing the Frontier anyway. There's just no way the watch will perform other than like a dumb watch if it isn't connected to Android via Bluetooth. I still want to monitor things like steps etc and connect via Wi-Fi.
As soon as the watch is disconnected from the phone via the Galaxy Wearable app within 10 minutes it's nagging to be connected via Bluetotth evey 10 minutes again. This is no good to me at work where we are required to leave our phones switched off in lockers, and it gets a PITA carrying 2 phones around all the time as well.
Samsung need to sort this out and give us the option to use the watch without the need for a 24/7 Bluetooth connection.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
StickyMick
First Poster
Options

OK, so here's an update:
I took the watch to a Samsung Service Centre today where they investigated the nagging connectivity issues and the none functioning home button. 2 hours later they had replaced the screen, bezel and motherboard. They couldn't find any reasons for the issues I was having other than to conclude that the update to Tizen 3.0 had gone pear shaped. Needless to say the watch now performs as it should with no further problems.
If anyone else is having connectivity issues via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi then I suggest taking the watch to a service centre for investigation.

0 Likes