Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC

(Topic created on: 12-10-2021 01:49 PM)
Calv
Pioneer
Options
Hi all, I'm with Barclays Bank so the bank is not compatible with Samsung pay. I've added my card on the phone via NFC and that works fine for contactless payments. I've tried to set up NFC on my watch but states the bank I'm with is not compatible. As I've got it working on the phone is there a way to set it up on my watch? 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Josh_S
Pioneer
Options

Hey Calv, hope you're having a good day.

I've checked the supported banks list, and Barclays isn't mentioned as being supported:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/samsung-pay/faq/

Google Pay (and to my knowledge, Apple Pay) have the same problem with Barclays being unavailable. Likely because they want people using their own app.

I don't know the specifics so this is speculation, but there will likely be a revenue implication, so it makes sense that some banks (see also Virgin) don't want to use third-party payment services when they can provide their own. Makes me wonder if it's the same general principle as the Epic/Apple lawsuit that just wrapped up.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Solution
Josh_S
Pioneer
Options

Hey Calv, hope you're having a good day.

I've checked the supported banks list, and Barclays isn't mentioned as being supported:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/samsung-pay/faq/

Google Pay (and to my knowledge, Apple Pay) have the same problem with Barclays being unavailable. Likely because they want people using their own app.

I don't know the specifics so this is speculation, but there will likely be a revenue implication, so it makes sense that some banks (see also Virgin) don't want to use third-party payment services when they can provide their own. Makes me wonder if it's the same general principle as the Epic/Apple lawsuit that just wrapped up.

0 Likes
Calv
Pioneer
Options
Ok thanks for the info. Strange as I can use NFC on my phone for Barclays just not the watch
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
You need to download Curve app and apply for Samsung pay + card , you then link your bank card to it and it'll work on watch ,
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
Calv
Pioneer
Options
Ok I'll give it ago thanks but do you need the card to scan to add it to the app
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Yes but arrives within 2-3 days , its not as complicated as it sounds , there is a thread on here that explains it well if you search for it
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Calv
Pioneer
Options
Thanks for the help
0 Likes