Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

New watch 4 - not 100% compatible with non-samsung phones?

(Topic created on: 31-08-2021 08:18 PM)
Daniel71x
Student
Options

Hi, 

I was really considering buying the new Watch 4 (I on't like how apple locks eveything in to its own ecosystem), but then read this article https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewwilliams/2021/08/26/the-samsung-galaxy-watch-4-does-not-work-prop... and seems Samsung is doing the same.

Does anyone know if that is so?

//Daniel 

0 Likes
Go to solution
11 REPLIES 11
LaurenceGough
Pioneer
Options

This is just greedy Samsung with a 100% artificial restriction. It is potentially life saving technology.

I don't know why they don't just remove the whole restriction and sell more watches, it's not like anyone is going to buy a phone just for a watch. Heck, they may save some people's lives too, can they really put a price on that, well I guess they can, whatever the cost is of the Galaxy phones they support....

The advertising was extremely sly with this, I'd love to know how many watches have been returned to Samsung, opened up and used due to this - what a waste of resources and many heart conditions which may have never been discovered due to this artificial, greediness by Samsung.

0 Likes
Marty313
Navigator
Options

I connected my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 46 mm to a Sony Xperia 5 II, and everything worked except ECG and BP. I only had problems setting up alarms from my Abbot Freestyle Libre 2 glucose monitoring system. 

Now I switched to a S21, and everything works.