Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Samsung Galaxy Watch stuck on check your phone to complete setup

(Topic created on: 07-10-2022 03:18 AM)
NitinMakwana
Explorer
Options

I have got new samsung Galaxy watch. I am trying to set up on my Nokia 7.1 running on Android 10. My Mobile is stuck on Finishing pairing.. and watch is stuck on Check your phone to complete setup.. Can someone please help. I have tried to restart mobile and watch. Triend uninstalling samsung wear app. Removing the samsung watch from Bluetooth and again trying to set up.

34 REPLIES 34
Forest0070
First Poster
Options

Thanks a lot! Powering the phone off worked for me.

0 Likes
MartyMar
First Poster
Options

I had an issue with this as well.  When it kept asking to complete on the phone it took me to realize the problem.  It turned out the feature I wanted to enable caused a conflict in my permission settings.  I suggest reading the message that says "for this you need to agree to that".  If you don't want to agree to that, then disable the feature.  If you are willing to accept, then do.  That will get you past that.  I didn't pay enough attention.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
tjk_9000
First Poster
Options

I would avoid factory resetting anything, as the problem is likely to do with stored files in the Galaxy Wearables app. 

Delete the app and all its associated files, then re-download from the Galaxy Store. This worked for me 

0 Likes
Oamedeiros
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue and found that allowing every permission in the watch plugin solved it.

0 Likes
tc0566
First Poster
Options

I have tried everything except wiping my phone. I'm about done with Samsung and their ***** software. I'm not wiping my phone. Samsung needs to fix this garbage.

willjoe
Explorer
Options

If your watch will not pair to a phone, or if it randomly disconnects, restart your watch. You should also make sure the Galaxy wearable app is up to date, but it may be necessary to reset the app and unpair your watch.

Regards,

Will

HeatherNicole
First Poster
Options

How i got back in mine was u also have to forget and reconnect Bluetooth.  Its like 2 different apps on phone and on wearable. Cause wearable has already installed u have to go back and connect it and finish in Bluetooth on phone in settings then it will finish set up after wearable does the restore data

0 Likes
ImperialIPA
First Poster
Options

The forget and reconnect bluetooth worked for me, but I also had to agree to...

sam1.png

And one other screen that had (optional) agreements.

Maybe this varies by region?

0 Likes
Kristina17
First Poster
Options

Did all that reset device and called Samsung sucks couldn't help me at all. What a waste of money. says it need android 6 or high i have 11. says it needs 1.5 GB memory I have 4. checked compatibility it works. what a crappy company.

0 Likes
Silverariel
First Poster
Options

Guys I managed to solve it! The problem is with permissions for the app. First you need two apps from play store. Galaxy Wearable and Galaxy Watch 5 Plugin. Next go into app setting and give all permissions and disable option for limiting data (wifi or otherwise). Next go into battery advanced and disable battery saving for Galaxy Wearable. The problem with my phone Redmi 9A was the plugin was not loading correctly. Pop up was kinda blocked. Once I gave all the permissions it worked immediately.