Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Galaxy Watch & spotify / heart rate monitoring

(Topic created on: 10-09-2018 12:26 PM)
retrobod
First Poster
Options

Hi,

First post so not even sure it is in the right area!

So got my new Galaxy Watch on Friday.

Love it!

But..........

1) Heart rate monitor stopped working on Saturday (turned the watch off and on again and now ok)

2) Spotify issues (premium member)

- App is flaky seems to thinks its offline when not

- Eventually deleted off the watch and re-installed

- App now starts playing music randomly on my watch - bit embarrasing in the middle of a meeting!!

- Closed the app so will re-try again later

Any others suffering?

Still love it though.

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

Re: Spotify

1) If I have been listening to a track and then paused it and then use the speaker to make a call, when you hang up Spotify kicks in again. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!

2) Can others confirm; but in streaming mode on 42mm Bluetooth version via wifi I only get "Your collection" and "Playlist" options. Odd that you can't see Albums etc if only to select to download to watch. (I am a Premium Spotify user). Is this the same for everyone?

3) Offline mode via Bluetooth headphones seems to use 1% of better per song approx. Maybe expecting too much but definitely think this could be better. 

Re: Heart Rate

Mine stopped a lot whilst setting up the watch and playing extensively with it on day one. Maybe requires a restart after downloading apps etc and so much stopping and starting of various services during that initial day 1 playing period. No issues since I have finished setting up watch how I want it.

Thoughts??

0 Likes
retrobod
First Poster
Options

Spotify - Ok so even though the app was closed it just started randomly after using Bixby. But before it just started randomly after I used the phone!

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

"Ok so even though the app was closed"

i.e when all apps are cleared? 

0 Likes
retrobod
First Poster
Options

Yep,

All apps closed and it started playing.

Had to re-open the app to stop the music. It was not showing in recent apps!

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

Very odd. Wonder if that is an app issue or an OS issue.

0 Likes
retrobod
First Poster
Options

Update - make a call on my phone (not through watch) and it starts spotify after the call is made!

0 Likes
retrobod
First Poster
Options

Update after a we chat with technical help I have done a full reset. Reloaded spitify and......... still the same problem. May have to consider a return in cases there is an issue with my watch 😞

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

Definitely not just you. I can generate the Spotify automatic starting issue every time now.

It is definitely not in running apps lists to start with and what is worse it isn't even there after it starts itself. So you have to go into Apps, scroll to correct page and select Spotify app.

What have they said about returns when you spoke to them?

FYI, Did a test today - 58mins of continuous Spotify via Bluetooth headphones drained about 31% of battery (without and fitness tracking or HRM on). :face-with-rolling-eyes:

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

Seems like you need to restart the watch everytime you stop using Spotify for it not to kick in when the speaker is used. I'm going to speak to them now.

0 Likes