(Topic created on: 23-09-2022 04:33 PM)
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Hi all

I have 5 pro Lte 
Samsung S22 Ultra 
With O2 UK 

If I get a data plan and an Esim and add it to the watch, sure it will work with my phone in the UK 

This is the technical part 
I normally leave UK few times a year and when abroad, I usually add a Local sim card to the phone 

1 So if I do that this time, do I have to add local Esim to my Watch as well? 

2 if yes to above, do I have to remove or delete UK Esim from the watch or can I add multiple Esim to 5 Pro Lte?

Thanks and any further advice also welcome

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

No, you won't need to add a new esim to the watch. O2 does not provide roaming service for the watch contract, so your watch will work as bluetooth watch not LTE. You should add the local SIM to the phone and use it as the second SIM.

You won't be able to add extra esim to the watch. It has only one EMEI number.

IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Thank you friend
Ohh Okk, so when I go abroad and add a local Esim, then go to Wearable App, mobile plan, from there, it is asking, "which sim to pair with your watch's sim," then I should be able to select the new local sim, and when returning to London then reconnect to my O2 sim,

Or Am I day dreaming here 🤔🤔Screenshot_20220923_171353_1000000287_1663949633.jpg
0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

The dual SIM is your phone.

That would be to select which of the two SIM you want the watch "pair" with. So the watch will use that SIM to make phone calls but the data plan you added for the watch will be the same and should not have roaming capabilities. 

IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Wow you are cool
Now I get it.. Thanks so much for taking time and educating me
Tc 👋 👋
0 Likes