Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal and Samsung Health not connecting any longer (steps)

(Topic created on: 06-02-2020 04:37 PM)
twizlan
Apprentice
Options

Hello, anyone having this issue?

As of today I noticed that my steps from my Galaxy Watch Active, recording in Samsung Health, were not being synced to MyFitnessPal.

In the settings for Samsung Health, it no longer offers me the options for allowing read/write access for each data item, it just has 1 toggle "all permissions". 

In the Apps Connected area of MyFitnessPal, it now just says "connect" under Samsung Health, I click on it, it opens a little menu with 1 item of data "all permissions". 

It seems as though the actual permissions have been broken with the last update.

I have tried the following:

- Clear cache on both, then restarted.

- Reinstall both apps fresh.

I am now at the end of the road, I think it could be the latest update causing issue, which was 2 days ago (For Samsung Health).

Reading the reviews on the Galaxy App Store it looks like multiple other people are having this issue since the last update.

Just trying to raise visibility.

T

Edit: A workaround has been identified that seems to be working! Credit to the below. 

@Gisbourne wrote:
Hi all,

Find this workaround while browsing the MyFitnessPal forums which seems to be working...

megapsyk
Aug 30, 2019 01:20PM PDT

I found this comment on a Google Play app called 'Health Sync:

Samsung Health missing permissionsSamsung withdrew accidentally all permissions for Health Sync on August 30, 2019. We are in contact with Samsung to fix this. Temporarily you can use the special developers mode in Samsung Health as workaround. This doesn't do any harm. Open Samsung Health, go to the Settings menu, choose 'About Samsung Health' and tap the version number ten times in a row.'

I tried this and I can sync now. Either they fixed the issue or the developers mode worked.

Good luck 😊

53 REPLIES 53
ElysiaCB
Apprentice
Options

I switched S Health into developer mode but am still having the same problem: while both apps say they are connected, info I put into one doesn't show up in the other. (My steps aren't showing up in MYP, etc.) 

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
whytwoolf
First Poster
Options

Worked just as described instantly!!!! Thank you!!

@twizlan wrote:

Hello, anyone having this issue?

As of today I noticed that my steps from my Galaxy Watch Active, recording in Samsung Health, were not being synced to MyFitnessPal.

In the settings for Samsung Health, it no longer offers me the options for allowing read/write access for each data item, it just has 1 toggle "all permissions". 

In the Apps Connected area of MyFitnessPal, it now just says "connect" under Samsung Health, I click on it, it opens a little menu with 1 item of data "all permissions". 

It seems as though the actual permissions have been broken with the last update.

I have tried the following:

- Clear cache on both, then restarted.

- Reinstall both apps fresh.

I am now at the end of the road, I think it could be the latest update causing issue, which was 2 days ago (For Samsung Health).

Reading the reviews on the Galaxy App Store it looks like multiple other people are having this issue since the last update.

Just trying to raise visibility.

T

Edit: A workaround has been identified that seems to be working! Credit to the below. 

@Gisbourne wrote:
Hi all,

Find this workaround while browsing the MyFitnessPal forums which seems to be working...

megapsyk
Aug 30, 2019 01:20PM PDT

I found this comment on a Google Play app called 'Health Sync:

Samsung Health missing permissionsSamsung withdrew accidentally all permissions for Health Sync on August 30, 2019. We are in contact with Samsung to fix this. Temporarily you can use the special developers mode in Samsung Health as workaround. This doesn't do any harm. Open Samsung Health, go to the Settings menu, choose 'About Samsung Health' and tap the version number ten times in a row.'

I tried this and I can sync now. Either they fixed the issue or the developers mode worked.

Good luck 😊

Me033
First Poster
Options

I was having the same problem, but this solution worked! Thank you for sharing! 

0 Likes
1r1shayes
First Poster
Options

I just got upgraded from a Gearfit band to a Galaxy Watch for Christmas.  My Gearfit band was syncing with MFP, but my  new watch is not.  It appears that it is only syncing one way:  Samsung Health is syncing to MFP, but not the other way around.  I enter all my foods in MFP and this is not syncing up to my Samsung Health account.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled.  I have allowed all permissions in both apps.  I have clicked on the version of my Galaxy 10 times and it is in "developer mode."

Any other suggestions?  This is frustrating.

0 Likes
Elyss
First Poster
Options

@1r1shayes wrote:

I just got upgraded from a Gearfit band to a Galaxy Watch for Christmas.  My Gearfit band was syncing with MFP, but my  new watch is not.  It appears that it is only syncing one way:  Samsung Health is syncing to MFP, but not the other way around.  I enter all my foods in MFP and this is not syncing up to my Samsung Health account.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled.  I have allowed all permissions in both apps.  I have clicked on the version of my Galaxy 10 times and it is in "developer mode."

Any other suggestions?  This is frustrating.

Same here. Absolutely infuriating.

0 Likes
mattman73
Journeyman
Options

Hi 

Anyone got this to work as this was working up till about a day ago now does not matter what I do I can not get the two apps to sync anymore.

Anyone know of a different app from myfitnesspal that I could us that does the same.

Thanks

Matt

Udflyer
Apprentice
Options

I have never gotten it to work. I use another app, HealthSync, to sync to Google Fit and then Google Fit connects to MyFitnessPal.

I have also used the app LifeSum....it's ok, and it works. The only thing I like better on MyFitnessPal is the breakdown of macros.

0 Likes
mattman73
Journeyman
Options
Thanks,
I have looked at the app but is it a paid-for app and that not what I'm looking for when I pay for myfitnesspal and it has been working for the past month and now not working, the only difference is that updated my phone to one UI 2 android 10 but this was three days ago and the issue only started a day ago when I manually added excises and from this point on it has stop working. I have managed to get it in the diary but it is not syncing that well.
I will email myfitnesspal and see what they say.
0 Likes
Udflyer
Apprentice
Options

Good luck!  Like I said, I haven't been able to get it to work for probably a year now...I tried LifeSum, which like I said, is ok...but I really like MyFitnessPal..so I just paid the dollar or whatever it was for HealthSync....

If it doesn't work out, check out LifeSum..it's VERY similar to MyFitnessPal..but it didn't break down the macros per food like MyFitnessPal, so that's why I stuck with MFP....

I'd love to know what MFP says when you contact them!! :smiling-face:

0 Likes
j8kmichael
First Poster
Options
Thanks! Using dev mode instantly resolved the issue for me. (I'm on a Galaxy S9+.)
0 Likes