Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

music player on Galaxy Watch

(Topic created on: 04-01-2020 04:18 PM)
sorgiulio
Journeyman
Options

Hi Everybody,

I've just got a Galaxy Watch and with my surprise I noticed the built-in music player app is different from what I had seen in several youtube videos: it's lacking a feature that in my situation is extremely important, i.e. the possibility to display the entire playlist now playing from my phone, so to be able to select a particular song title directly from the watch. In the videos I saw, this was done by opening a list of songs from the arrow at the bottom of the screen. I don't seem to have this arrow and the only operations I can do are the basic ones, forward, back, play pause, etc.

Can anyone help please? I carry my music in my phone connected to an external dac and headphone amp and it's quite bulky. Being able to select on the watch a particular track from the current playlist in my phone would allow me to keep the bulky portable system in my pocket. This functionality was one of the main reasons I got the watch...

Plase help, many thanks!

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @sorgiulio 

To be able to select from a playlist on your Watch, you'd firstly need to download the songs to the Watch. Have a look at this useful link from our friends in the States.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
sorgiulio
Journeyman
Options

Thanks ChrisM for your kind reply but unfortunately no, it doesn't help.

Like I wrote previously, some of us take sound quality seriously and for this we invest in devices that produce better sound quality than average:

I carry my phone connected to a portable DAC/amp combo and it's from that system that I want my music to come and feed my headphones when I commute or walk around, not from a watch. The watch in this scenario would be a simple remote control for the phone and the playlist currently playing on my phone.

Phone + DAC/amp achieve superior sound quality, but are quite bulky and it's a pain to take them out of the pocket or backpack every time I want to look at the playlist or even better at all the playlists stored in my phone.

It would be nice to be able to control playlists on the phone from the watch, but I suppose your answer tells me that this is not a feature of the music player on the watch and it's a real shame.

I can't believe nobody has thought of this kind of use for the watch and did nothing about it... Storing music and playing directly from the watch is not an option for me, with only 1 GB of storage space available for music, small battery, bluetooth only and without even knowing which codecs are used. This could possibly work for listening to music while training, for about an hour, but not for the rest of the whole day. Phones are better for this, and watches should complement them rather than trying to replace them in playing music.

We can fairly conclude that the watch is not really a music lover-friendly device. Unfortunately.

0 Likes