Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Missing Gear 3 Watch Face

(Topic created on: 23-10-2018 06:44 AM)
Sam-nein
Explorer
Options

I had a problem where I was not getting text messages on my watch.  I called support and they told me to reset my watch.  I reset it and had not backed it up since I got the watch.  In the mean time I had put a watch face on it of the New York Skyline which had the sun come up in the morning and the moon came up at night.  I really liked it.  It had date, pulse rate, stop watch, timer and miles walked.  I have not been able to find that watch face in all my searches.  It is like it has been taken down.  Can anyone tell me where I can get it?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Sam-nein

Did you originally download it ?

If so it might be in your watch app stored there. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Sam-nein
Explorer
Options

Thank you so much for your reply!  Unfortunately, the reset of the watch did not help so I had to uninstall and re-install the Gear app on my phone.  After putting a new copy of Gear on my phone I did start getting my text messages on the watch.  In my research I read where one person stated that after doing a restore on their watch, the problem came back.  But, if I would have known that some of the apps I had and the watch face I had would not had been available, I would have tried it.  I have looked on Gear apps and the web at paid and free and cannot find it.  It was the most useful watch face I had found.  I guess as they say, “live and learn.”

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I had to reset my s3 frontier watch recently when I moved from the s8 to Note 9 but I did back up. 

The watch was in my downloaded section. 

I hope you find that one or one similar that will provide you the same or similar functions. 

0 Likes
Sam-nein
Explorer
Options

Thanks

0 Likes
Sam-nein
Explorer
Options

YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW GRATEFUL I AM TO YOU!!!  You were correct on your first reply.  I had to delete and reload the app on my phone and when I read your reply I did not find the watch face.  Today I saw where I could download history.  I did that and there was my watch face.  Talk about being a happy camper, I am.  This is the only face I had found that has analog time, digital time, battery status, stop watch, timer, bpm, date, day, steps, and miles walked accessible from the face. To get timer tap face at 7:00 postion.  To get stop watch tap at 5:00 postion.  To me, this face is what made the watch so useful.  If you care to look at it, it is Futorum Gold-10 12h.  And, yes, I did a backup!

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's fantastic @Sam-nein

Glad to have been of help. 

:smiling-face:

TMPhotography
Student
Options

I had rest my phone without backing up newly purchased watch faces.  They can be restored by:

1) Open the galaxy store app on your phone

2) Click on 3 dots top right

3) Click on My page

4) Click on All

5) Click on Watch

You will see all your past purchases.

6) Click on the download arrow to download them to your watch again.

7) After downloading is finished just hit the play icon next to the face you want to use and it will make it active on your watch.

Hope this helps. Thomas

0 Likes
dizmatt
Student
Options

I've had the same problem but compounded by the fact that I have a non-Samsung phone (never got on with them, Bixby, etc).  I haven't seen this specific answer yet so I'm sharing for non-samsung phone users.

I moved from a Pixel 2 to a Huawei phone, to resync and pair my Frontier S3 to the new phone I performed a reset and lost my paid for watch faces.

Finding them was not easy as the galaxy store apps aren't available (I think) but here is what worked for me.

pair your watc h & phone

install the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone

click on Discover on the bottom of the app (if you're not already on the right screen)

on top watch faces, click on view more

this appears to load up another app

then  click on the options (three lines) in the top right of the new app

some options will appear, watch faces, chart, apps, my apps, settings

click on my apps

then from the next screen click on All

Scroll through until you find your purchased watch face which should have a "purchased MM/DD/YYY" by it 

click on the download icon adjacent to it.

then follow any further prompts; this will download and install on your phone

I haven't found a simpler way to do this when on my non-samsung android phone.

0 Likes