Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messenger and Whatsapp apps on Galaxy Watch

(Topic created on: 28-04-2020 10:48 AM)
Baiba
Journeyman
Options

Hi. I got my Samsung Galaxy watch with LTE (esim) function on. So it means that anyone can call me and send sms to me even i have my phone somewhere faaar,far away. Everything works good, i tried to turn off bluetooth and WiFi on my phone and - all okay, i get calls and sms to my watch. BUT, as soon as i turn of bluetooth or wifi, i'm not receiving WA or FB messages. Girl in store told me to put aplications in my watch, but in app store there is no applictions like Whatsapp and FB. So that means, taht everytime that my phone and watch gets disconected, i cant receive messages. Mobile data is on on my watch.

They told me to just put apps in my watch, then everything will work.

How do i make it work? Does anybody has had the same problem?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
@Baiba: Sadly I don't have access to an LTE Galaxy watch from my position, although if Whatsapp and Facebook are not available to download via the Watch apps tab in the Wearables app on your phone, then it looks like they don't have a standalone version. With this in mind you will need to be connected to your phone and have Whatsapp and Facebook notifications activated in order to see new messages on your watch. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.
0 Likes
GalaxyTester
Journeyman
Options

I think here's a hint to SAMSUNG: please stop forcing people into your ecosystem and drag the phone with them! I bought the watch to leave phone home and because of such policies by NOT providing native apps I am cut off from major messenger services.

I was also very disappointed to find that out AFTER the purchase. Nowhere is that clearly communicated. Please:

A. Work on communication. Tell it has limited functionality as LTE only and bring that out so people don't get disappointed.
B. Get the main apps finally on the platform or give up having one.

Imranukfr
Apprentice
Options
my friend

The LTE version is only to receive calls and sms to the way h without the phone!
As there is no standout apps for tizen

Means every other notifications come from the phone to the watch through samsung gear application

Thats the reason i bought the bluetooth version
Whats the point to buy the LTE version if we not going to have each and every notifications on the watch without the phone
0 Likes
JimAHenderson
First Poster
Options

What is even more frustrating, is that if you go to YouTube and search S"Galaxy watcht and Facebook messenger"  you will find a video MADE BY SAMSUNG  showing a woman at breakfast replying to a Facebook messenger message on her watch..  

That's why I bought the watch and it doesn't do it 

kopfber
Apprentice
Options

Same here. The watch is not bad, but getting the LTE version AND paying extra for a separate mobile data plan, only to find out that I cannot actually do anything worthwhile for the extra money I have spent is rather disappointing to phrase it mildly. I completely agree: really bad communication from Samsung

0 Likes