Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major issue with refund

(Topic created on: 06-03-2021 05:23 AM)
ChristopherJZ
Journeyman
Options

I recently purchased a watch active 2, there was a deal on at the time for the watch and a free wireless charger trio. I made a mistake when ordering and added an extra charger to my basket, not realising that the free one was already added to my basket when I added the watch. 

The package came and I realised what I had done when there was two chargers in the box. I contacted Samsung and explained my mistake to them. They told me it was fine and to return one of the chargers and they would refund the £89 I had paid. 

I sent the charger back as per the instructions and then I checked my account to see that they have refunded the free one and not the one I paid for. 

Absolutely shocking behaviour from Samsung. 

3 REPLIES 3
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
That is some cold cold sh** if that's intentional, or just someone so dumb they need fired immediately.

Weirdly this hits a nerve as it's kinda similar (not at all and nothing to do with Samsung) ) to an order I made last night. I ordered a mattress, forgot to put in the code I had been given for a discount. So cancelled and reordered the same exact mattress, this was at 10pm at night so it's not like during working hours and took me 1 minute to cancel and reorder. Get word today that they couldn't cancel it on time and I have 2 on my way. How do you reply to that without getting worked up? I can't. 450 quid that will take weeks to get back no doubt leaving me short by the end of the month. I'm seeing more and more really bad customer service and scummy trading practices by top companies. Just a joke.

Don't fret though just keep at it you'll get it back you just need to find that worker one day thats nice and reasonable or maybe just a tired worker who is so over it they dgaf.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
that is just someone being an *****, get back onto them explain what's happened and you will get your refund.
0 Likes
ChristopherJZ
Journeyman
Options
I just called them and apparently it was intentional. Apparently I sent the free one back and not the one I had paid for despite the products being exactly the same, in exactly the same packaging and having exactly the same product number. I should have had the foresight to check the serial numbers on both products as I have returned the free one, even though I had no way of knowing what serial number was what and I wasn't told this when I spoke them in the first place.

I completely understand your frustrations with the mattress, I had a simililar thing with Vodafone. ordered a pre order with them then decided after a couple of hours I wanted the model with more storage, they told me they had cancelled the first order and placed a new one. This was all 2 weeks before the phone was released and they still managed to send me out two phones and set up two contracts.

Hope you're not waiting too long to get your money back for the mattress. Agreed these companies have really poor attitudes to customer service now.
0 Likes