Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

left-handed smartwatch orientation

(Topic created on: 26-08-2020 01:55 AM)
Gassolo
Apprentice
Options

Samsung released its first smartwatch in 2013, 7 years ago. Despite incorporating a number of marvelous technological solutions, it has yet to allow left-handed users, 10% of its consumer base to use their watches comfortably; lefties predominantly place their watches on their right wrist instead of the left. In this position, they cannot press the buttons on the right efficiently. All it would take Samsung to fix this is about 10 lines of code to allow a setting to flip the completely symmetrical screen, yet it failed to do so in the last 7 years. It's not rocket science, the Apple Watch has this function natively, and Wear Os has at least an app for it. Samsung does not. This is just terrible, awful costumer service.
Technology, symmetrical smartwatches in particular could serve as the great equalizer for a significant portion of society, yet it simply doesn't happen? Why, oh why not? I am genuinely curious about why. I cannot be the first person to ask this, hence the dissatisfaction.

3 REPLIES 3
ryukariotu
Voyager
Options
why don't they put it on their left?
0 Likes
Gassolo
Apprentice
Options

1. I don't want to.
2. For the same reason right-handed people don't want it the other way around. If it is on your dominant hand, you will collect more scratches, as well as have lesser control over the watch as you will have to operate it with your less skilled hand.

0 Likes
Phugegwrins
First Poster
Options

How is it possible that no-one has any response to this? The OP pretty much said it all. I just bought the watch 4 (even though I owned the Sport, go figure) and now its even more of a hassle because the buttons can be used for the EEG or the body composition measurement which makes it even more awkward. Add to that that the buttons cannot be remapped so I cannot switch the back and home buttons so I always have to use the button that's hardest to reach (the other one is pretty much useless).

0 Likes