Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Jumping rope workout on phone but not on watch

(Topic created on: 02-08-2020 06:37 PM)
Kaol
Apprentice
Options

Hello, the jumping rope workout is available on the s health app on the phone but not available in the list of workouts on the samsung galaxy watch active. Can this be added on the watch so that we can be able to start the workout directly on the watch and therefore track heart rate data.

108 REPLIES 108
iAndyHolland
Student
Options

+1 from me too. It doesn't make sense for the list in the Samsung Health app on my phone to be different to the one readily available on the watch - either Samsung Health supports a particular exercise or it doesn't; if it doesn't, I'll begrudgingly use the generic workout option - with all of the limitations that carries.

We already have the ability to select favourite workouts, so I'm not completely convinced by the 'it would clutter the list' argument; I'd only have to select it once.

Completely appreciate that Samsung need to prioritise here, but I'd have thought 'rope skipping' was one of the more popular options given it's low-cost barrier to entry. 🤔

0 Likes
Tiberius68
First Poster
Options

Hello,

i would also greatly appreciate jump roping on the watch!

The reasoning does not sound convincing at all, as there are really a lot of other workouts on the watch to choose. Even two for swimming (and i used to swim so i know the differences between the two 🙂

so please talk to the people again who can decide this.

sincerely,

Tibor

0 Likes
luka3rd
Journeyman
Options

Totaly insane!!!

Like I can hold a phone on me while jumping!?

So, so stupid...

0 Likes
krisMcrGB2
First Poster
Options

There is no legitimate reson for not adding this feature from a users point of view. I suspect Samsung have an expensive "smart skipping rope" in development and its the development of this product which is stopping them releasing skipping functionality on the watch directly right now. Why would you buy a smart skipping rope if the watch already offered what worked. Rip off merchants.

Garaus
First Poster
Options

Skipping rope is one of the most intensive exercises with most calories burned, it is also prolonged like running but more effective. It won't make watch UI more complex. There are so many other exercises on the watch and their existence is very debatable. Like arm curls, lateral extensions, etc. We do 3-4 sets of those we do not need treck them. Tell developers to do gym for 6 months to get the idea what is useful and what is not so much. Skipping rope is a must like running.

Thank you!

0 Likes
haozes
Apprentice
Options

We just brought our Jump Rope App : YaoYao  to Galaxy Store, Have a galaxy watch? try it.

https://galaxy.store/yaoyao 

Banner.jpg

0 Likes
Sujal1
First Poster
Options

It has dumbbell curls on it which are easy to count 

Doesn't sound very essential to me

TheReverendH
Journeyman
Options

Can't find it in the Galaxy Store on my phone.  The link doesn't give the option to install/send to phone. 

0 Likes
VikasYadav
First Poster
Options

This is absolutely ridiculous.

I only use

1. Rope Skipping

2. Cycling

3. Walking (Auto)

Rest of the exercises you may remove but please add skipping.

Please ask your developers to include the same in watch

TheReverendH
Journeyman
Options

I don't know if they monitor this thread any longer because it says "Solved"  
I started another a while back if anyone wants to be vocal.
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/not-solved-jump-rope-workout-on-phone-but-not-on-watch...