Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Jumping rope workout on phone but not on watch

(Topic created on: 10-06-2020 02:17 PM)
Kaol
Apprentice
Options

Hello, the jumping rope workout is available on the s health app on the phone but not available in the list of workouts on the samsung galaxy watch active. Can this be added on the watch so that we can be able to start the workout directly on the watch and therefore track heart rate data.

108 REPLIES 108
Haroujf
Explorer
Options

I regretted not reading up enough before buying this piece of junk. Who will have thought such a basic feature will be left out

Brianneden
Student
Options

Ok, now that many people are without the use of gyms I thing it would be worth considering adding one measly workout to the list on their watch that alot of people realistically are probably doing. I have adopted the use of a jump rope for cardio to replace the cost of a gym membership as I'm sure many have for various reasons. I believe it's a small inconvenience for a large company that many would appreciate, please consider re evaluating your decision. 

Arthur999
Journeyman
Options
Exactly
Pavithra
First Poster
Options

This is very weird that what is on the S Health phone app will not be on the watch. Especially common workouts like rope, zumba / dancing, crossfit. Most people with the active 2 are likely to do a cross section of this than be serious runners. Is there anyway this can be included as part of an update? Just realized this post purchase.. Feel silly 😕

Craylim
First Poster
Options

Please listen to your own reply.  Does it not sound absurd? 

How is jumping rope not a basic and popular exercise, especially during the COVID period when everyone is more confined??  For many gym and fitness enthusiasts jumping rope IS a fundamental exercise for fast weigh lost, building/toning muscles and coordination improvement.

As a customer on the Samsung ecosystem I will like to demand for jump rope tracking to be included in Galaxy watch ASAP.  

Please listen, thank you.

Stevenp
First Poster
Options

This really doesn't make sense that Samsung will put it on the phone, but not the watch.. no one would choose to carry their bulky phone over wearing the watch while jumping rope.. this is the one exercise that shouldn't have any excuse.. 

Arthur999
Journeyman
Options
too funny...
0 Likes
luismad
Apprentice
Options

This is far from solve! How can it be so difficult to add a jump rope tracker? One of the best cardio exercises widely extended around the world moreover in these days with the gyms closed. DO SOMETHING SAMSUNG!

Nonnie826
Apprentice
Options

That makes absolutely no sense. If the activity is on the phone, put it on the watch!

0 Likes
adrian2325
Explorer
Options

Samsung R&D get your ***** together, add all the workouts to the watch. What is your issue? We don't want "simplicity", we want our "smart watch" to actually be smart!

0 Likes