Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way of disabling the media controller?

(Topic created on: 02-10-2021 09:18 AM)
LarryPilkington
Pioneer
Options
Every time I watch a youtube video on my phone, I get a flashing icon at the bottom of my watch which is the media controller.  Is there any way of disabling this?  
10 REPLIES 10
LarryPilkington
Pioneer
Options
That is already toggled off. I dont get the whole thing come on, just the bouncing icon at the bottom of the watch screen but I dont want that either.
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

If you close the app down on your phone, YouTube, Spotify etc the flashing icon will go from your watch. 

0 Likes
LarryPilkington
Pioneer
Options
that wont stop it coming back again the next time I play a youtube video! 😕
LarryPilkington
Pioneer
Options
The media controller app is completely pointless and I wish I could uninstall it. I cant think of any scenario where it could be useful. If Im watching a youtube video on my phone then I would just access the play/pause etc via the phone.
smakavana
First Poster
Options

I'm having this same exact problem. It's crazy how much the media controller app drains battery. Did you end up finding a fix?

IIIPowerIII
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same here.

When I'm at the work, my watch easily last 2 days. When I'm home using my Chromecast it doesn't even last 12 hours.

We need to be able to disable/remove that media players, it's useless.

Members_nNH3re7
First Poster
Options

Please say there is a fix for this. Exact same issue. Just went from 50% to dead in 3 hours Chromecasting a twitch stream. This has been going on for ever. Chromecast and media controls on the watch kills battery so much. 

0 Likes
Eichenberger1
First Poster
Options

Did you ever found a solution? Same problem here!

0 Likes
jepe63
Apprentice
Options

Bought Galaxy Watch 6 , have still after 1 year the same problem , can't understand why samsung haven't fixed this , contacted them , never got any response