Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it just me, or does everything Samsung break?

(Topic created on: 22-09-2018 05:21 AM)
NathanialEssex
Explorer
Options

I think I have just purchased my last Samsung product as I have had nothing but problems with every device I have owned. I am curious whether this is just me or if other people have had a similar experience. 

First product was not a purchase but I inherited my brothers 55inch plasma TV. Probably around about 5 years old and it suddenly stopped working. The red light will come on to show that it was powered but when you turned it on nothing will happen. Ended up in the dump.

First product I purchased was a Galaxy Note 2. New phone at the time. One day the reception would just randomly cut off and I was struggling to get any data. Eventually I could not make any calls or use the internet. Well within the warranty but because my screen had a small crack, Samsung used that as an excuse not to fix my phone, saying I had to fix the screen first then they'll fix the phone.

Should have gave up there but they were the only ones really making big phones at the time so I ended up getting the Note 3. That also developed a problem within 2 years as the SD card slot stopped working. 

I also had a tablet, Galaxy tab 2 I think, and from day one it never worked properly. Samsung had a feature where you would scroll to the left and you would have things like news updates, emails, could add your LinkedIn account and so on. Problem was the bloody thing would never update. It then developed an issue where it would just randomly turn off. Took it back to get it fixed then after a few weeks the problem came back. On top of this, it was not running the latest version of Android and no other updates were due. I am not the biggest fan of Apple but the fact my 3rd generation iPad is still receiving updates while my Note 3 and this tablet are not says something.

Got an S4 for my wife, again don't get the latest Android updates. Less than 3 years ago I purchased a 55inch TV (JU6800). Ignoring the fact that some of the apps did not work, a dark patch covering around a 3rd of the screen appeared. Most of the time it would go away but now it is a permanent feature. 

I also have a Gear S2 and again a recurring theme of news not updating but also the strap broke and I can't dislodge it from the device.

(1)
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I think it's fair to say you've had your fair share of negative experiences @NathanialEssex

Over time tech and hardware can fail.  😞

I've never owned a Samsung Tv so cannot comment. 

My Samsung Galaxy s7 edge screen needed replacing due to the known pink line issue. This took 4 days. 

I've had no issues with my Samsung Galaxy s8 phone. 

I've had no issues with my Samsung Tab A.  2016.

I've had no issues with my Samsung Note 9 phone.

I've had no issues with my Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Prabin
Journeyman
Options

wait until your device is 2 yrs old, evrything samsung starts to break. your watch battery will be very low, your phone will have some slowest software in the planet meanwhile people will still be using iPhone6, you would try to contact customer service and they will give you some ramdom excuse. Not an iPhone fan but i think people buy samsung just to not buy apple porduct. Samsung will not even be a brand without apple. They are just scamming us loyal user in the name of apple. And it working really well from then.

(1)
kimseokjin
First Poster
Options

bro.. same. Today our Samsung fridge broke down, we had it for 6 years, our first fridge was a fisher and Paykel, used it for 20 years and it has never broken down. Same with our Samsung washing machine, we also had a fisher and Paykel one for about 20 years, compared to our current Samsung washing machine, it has more problems. And this is the worst time for our fridge to break down the cause corona, no one really wants to come to fix it. 😠 

conspiracy theory? idk man, but in the future I will definitely not be investing in Samsung products again. 

roggie
First Poster
Options

agreed !!!

NathanialEssex
Explorer
Options

Since the first post my Samsung fridge broke, my watch does not turn on and I had a Samsung J6+ which was unreasonably slow from the get go.

Alley143
First Poster
Options

Lol yes everything samsung breaks! My daughters phone caught fire while at a sleepover. My 1st phone was a samsung s5. Slow and rebooted constantly. The s6 speaker stopped and random apps would open. S7 battery issue and digitizer. Bought the s20 and too many dead spots on screen then bought s23 ultra and not at all impressed, photos grainy and couldnt even zoom clearly on a osprey bird standing on its nest and it claims it zooms in on the moon. Returned that phone and went with the s21 ultra. I was happy for a month and a half till one day i was scrolling and then set my phone down and my phone started ringing and i could not answer it as m6 screen suddenly was black. Now i am on my old Lgk92 till i can figure out the next not samsung phone to order. My samsung bluray freezes, my tv had to be repaired.  I am sure moe over the years too.  Lots of swollen battery issues too

Forze
Student
Options

I feel your pain m8 i really do!

I have a brand New American style Samsung fridge RSG5UGRS which faulted within the first 2 months & lost a full freezer load, had them come out & chjange a part but the fault persists to this day lost so much food due to a design fault, the screen says the temp is 'xyz' but infact the screen has froze/crashed & the temp is not what it displays & all the goods are defrosting, i have to keep manually monitoring the temp by looking at or feeling the food to see if its thawing out & then turn power off then back on to reset the fridge, after spending over £1000 on it, its cost me so much in lost food i would never buy another.

I have a Samsung Microwave GE109M the button contacts were so flimsy the wore out & despite the device looking brand new i cant hardly use it as the buttons dont work.

I've had numerous Samsung phones S9+ S20+ S21+ S22 Ultra all of which developed faults, either with poor battery life, faulty charging ports or screen issues.

I've just spent £300 to repair the screen on the S22 Ultra via Samsung repair, they replaced the battery FOC during this process & within 6 weeks the phone stopped charging.

The screens are more expensive than a lot of new phones! there is no need for the 'curved edge' serves ZERO purpose but to artificially inflate the screen cost compared to alternative phones.

The only thing thats not broken are the various Samsung TV's we have

Getting sick of shoddy & over priced Samung products tbh

0 Likes
Forze
Student
Options

100% agree

0 Likes