Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 8 no Connection to Gear fit 2

(Topic created on: 05-11-2017 04:23 PM)
Flo1983
Student
Options

Hello

my iPhone 8 with ios11 gets no Connection to the Gear fit2. I‘ve resettet all Settings but Nothing works. Every device has the latest updates.

24 REPLIES 24
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Flo1983

Does anything in this help?

Here.

and > https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Wearable-Tech/Gear-Fit-2-Pro-Will-Not-Pair-with-iPhone-6s/td-p/1...

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Flo1983
Student
Options
No, did everything, but the Problem still exists
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Do you have a Samsung Experience Store you could visit ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Dzulo
Journeyman
Options
Hello. Thank you for raising this. Is there somebody working on it? My gear fit2 are now unusable ;(((
Dzulo
Journeyman
Options
Problem serms to be global, no store will help i assume. Is there any fix from Samsung planned? Thanks
0 Likes
SVMVNTHV
Apprentice
Options

Hello. I spoke to Samsung Tech support. This is a global issue for all Samsung Gear  devices. The new iOS 11 revisions to Gear Fit and Gear S apps has difficulties establishing a connection to the watch and maintaining it. That means that even if you manage to connect your watch to the iPhone, it will eventually disconnect and never reconnect again until you reset the watch and make a new connection.

when I asked Samsung about when this issue will be fixed they said it will likely not be fixed until 2018 because the issue is with the app and the watch. Unlike other bluetooth devices  that naturally talk to each other directly (no app needed), Samsung Gear devices cannot synchronize to the phone without the app. iOS 11 does not support background Bluetooth signalling like it did in iOS 10 or earlier. Samsung has stated that only iOS 9 is best for Samsung gear devices and only works on iPhone. Their compatibility tests are for old devices and they have no coverage for 2017+ iPhones.

i am very frustrated with Samsung and I’m going to make sure they give me my money back after making me spend money for a falsely advertised product.

Dzulo
Journeyman
Options

I used it before with iPhone 7 on iOS11 without any problems.

Then with the same iOS11 version but iPhone 8 issue starting to appear.

I assume it's iPhone 8 related, iOS11 is ok AFAIK.

MisterWonderful
First Poster
Options

Delete the Gear app from your phone then reinstall it. Then pair it 

@Flo1983 wrote:

Hello

my iPhone 8 with ios11 gets no Connection to the Gear fit2. I‘ve resettet all Settings but Nothing works. Every device has the latest updates.

Dzulo
Journeyman
Options

Not working even with updated ios app from yesterday ;(

0 Likes