Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing the Galaxy Buds Pro!

(Topic created on: 05-02-2021 04:17 PM)
AntS
Options

06_galaxybudspro_phantom_violet_case_front_open_combination.jpg

Revealed at Unpacked 2021, the next gen earbuds, the Galaxy Buds Pro – available to buy from 29 January, or pre-order now!

(Pre-order from now until 28 January 2021, and you can claim a free Samsung Wireless Charging Pad. More info on that here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/galaxy-buds-preorder/#Gifts , and a guide on how to claim your gift here: How to claim your gift when you pre-order the Galaxy Buds Pro.)

Now, I love my Buds. (And my Buds Live... I might be addicted to Buds...) But the Buds Pro are all about next-level audio experience and control, an even more seamless experience across Galaxy devices, and ergonomic design without compromising style.

Some specs:

Colour Phantom Violet, Phantom Black, Phantom Silver
Dimension
& Weight
Earbud: 19.5 x 20.5 x 20.8 mm, 6.3g

Charging Case: 50 x 50.2 x 27.8 mm, 44.9g

Speaker 2-way (11mm woofer + 6.5mm tweeter)
Microphone 3 mics (2 outer + 1 inner) + Voice Pickup Unit + Wind Shield
ANC, Ambient Mode & Voice Detect ANC: Cutting external background noise by up to 99%, 2 adjustable levels

Ambient Mode: Amplifying up to +20dB, 4 adjustable levels

Voice Detect

Battery Capacity  Earbuds: 61 mAh

Charging Case: 472 mAh

Play Time 5 hours / Up to 18 hours (ANC on)

8 hours / Up to 28 hours (ANC off)

Talk Time 4 hours / Up to 14.5h (ANC on)

5 hours / Up to17.5h (ANC off)

Charging Up to 1-hour play time / 5-minute quick charging

Qi-certified wireless charging

Connectivity Bluetooth 5.0®

Codec: Scalable (Samsung proprietary), AAC, SBC

Sensor Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Hall, Touch, Voice Pickup Unit(VPU)
Compatibility  

Android 7.0 or higher, with more than 1.5GB of RAM

Some features may not be available on non-Samsung devices

Water Resistance IPX7

Some highlights:

Next-level audio experience and control

• Deeper bass and crisp treble with minimum distortion.
  • Voice Pickup Unit (VPU), and Wind Shield technology.
  • Intelligent Active Noise Control:
  • Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) enabling reduction of background noise by up to 99%
  • Ambient Mode can amplify nearby sounds to more than 20 decibels
  • ANC and Ambient Mode automatically working together, adapting to your surroundings to optimise your audio experience. For example, the Buds Pro can automatically recognise when you’re speaking, turn down what you’re listening to, and switches from ANC to Ambient Mode. Pretty cool, huh?

Seamless Experience with Auto Switch

• Auto Switch automatically toggles your earbuds connection between your One UI 3.1 Galaxy smartphones and tablets based on your usage. So, if you’re receiving a call on your phone whilst watching a video on your tablet, you can answer the call on the Buds Pro, and once the call is over, the Buds Pro instantly switches back to your tablet and the video you were playing.

Design & Comfort

• IPX7 water resistance rating.
  • Improved ergonomics improves comfort and sound quality: they’re less protrusive and more natural when in your ears; and reduces the contact area between your ear and the bud - improving comfort and minimising a clogged-up feeling.
  • SmartThings app and Bluetooth tracking in case you lose your Buds Pro. There’s Offline finding too, that’ll help you answer the question “Well, where did you last have them?” even if they’re no longer connected to your phone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Share your thoughts about the Galaxy Buds Pro in this thread!

16 REPLIES 16
pirate18
First Poster
Options
ive got a gallaxy s21 5g from sky i am trying to claim the free gifts but at moment the phone dead because only lead came no charger so hence doing on tablet please advise
0 Likes
pirate18
First Poster
Options
how i can claim them and where i fill in form
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@pirate18: If you pre-ordered the Galaxy S21 5G then you can claim your gifts via the link below

https://20203.samsungpromotions.claims/jan-preorder

Alternatively, if you recently purchased the phone between the 29.01.21 - 25.02.21 then you can proceed with your claim via the following link. I hope this helps.

https://20203.samsungpromotions.claims/galaxys21buds

0 Likes
bng01
Journeyman
Options
would love to try them if mine ever come. 45 days, why take so long?
0 Likes
Hackett
Voyager
Options
received my buds and their amazing.

20210220_145738_1765.jpg

0 Likes
SarahLG
First Poster
Options
I've purchased a pink s21, will I get pink buds?
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Buds Pro set up and day 2, use around house and out and about, concerned about the fit even after playing with tips, reckon they will fall out and ANC is sensitive to ear shape and exact position.

That said easily beat my Sony XM IEM, WF and Cans, Jabra 65e and 65t and AirPod 2.

Heck only my wired IEM with an Audioquest Cobalt DAC are better but that's because iys supports upto 32bit and full MQA unfold.

Shame Samsung only offer measly SBC, come on Samsung support at least 24 bit / 192k.

ANC oddly sat at home, switching between ANC and off no difference, but outside much better, but nowhere near Sony WM.

Out and about the only headphones that avoid that annoying wind whoosh sound.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes