Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Galaxy Watch4 and Galaxy Watch4 Classic!

(Topic created on: 11-08-2021 04:26 PM)
StephK1
Options

Galaxy_Watch4_main1.jpg

Reshaping the smartwatch experience, the Galaxy Watch4 & Galaxy Watch4 Classic are the latest innovation in wearable tech. 

Put your health & wellness in your hands (and on your wrist) with Samsung's most advanced suite of features yet. The ground-breaking BioActive Sensor uses a single chip to precisely run three powerful health sensors  Optical Heart Rate, Electrical Heart and Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis. Now you can monitor your blood pressure, detect an AFib irregular heartbeat, measure your blood oxygen level, and, for the first time, calculate your body composition. 

The all-new Body Composition measurement tool provides you with a deeper understanding of your general health and fitness, with key measurements like skeletal muscle, basal metabolic rate, body water and body fat percentage. Check your body composition easily from your wrist with just two fingers, and in about 15 seconds, your watch’s sensor will capture 2,400 data points. 

Stay in touch and keep up with your goals by enjoying Group Challenges with your friends and family, or set up a home gym by connecting your Galaxy Watch4 to your compatible Samsung Smart TV, where calorie counts and heartrate metrics appear on screen. When you’re ready to rest, the Galaxy Watch4 series offers the most complete picture of your sleep patterns yet, going more in-depth than ever before. Your phone detects the sound of your snores while your Watch measures your blood oxygen level while you sleep. Together with advanced Sleep Scores, you can learn more about your sleep patterns to get the rest you deserve. 

Wear OS powered by Samsung pairs perfectly with the brand-new One UI Watch for simplicity, ease, and innovation. Compatible apps are automatically downloaded to your Watch when added to your phone, and important settings - like Do Not Disturb hours and blocked callers- are synced instantly. Partnering with Google on Wear OS Powered by Samsung means that a whole host of brilliant apps are now available on your wrist- we're talking Google Maps, Google Pay, Adidas Running, Calm, Strava, and Spotify. Auto Switch ensures your Buds can seamlessly toggle audio between your phone and watchdepending on your usage.

Let's talk specs- 

Galaxy Watch4 

Galaxy Watch4 Classic 

Colour 

- 44mm: Black, Green, Silver 

- 40mm: Black, Pink Gold, Silver 

- 46mm: Black, Silver 

- 42mm: Black, Silver 

Dimensions 
& Weight14 

Aluminium case 

- 44mm: 44.4 x 43.3 x 9.8 mm, 30.3g 

- 40mm: 40.4 x 39.3 x 9.8 mm, 25.9g 

Stainless steel case 

- 46mm: 45.5 x  45.5 x 11.0 mm, 52g 

- 42mm: 41.5 x 41.5 x 11.2 mm, 46.5g 

Display 

- 44mm: 1.4" (34.6mm) 450x450 Super AMOLED, Full Colour Always On Display, Corning® Gorilla® Glass with DX+ 

- 40mm: 1.2" (30.4mm) 396x396 Super AMOLED, Full Colour Always On Display, Corning® Gorilla® Glass with DX+ 

- 46mm: 1.4" (34.6mm) 450x450 Super AMOLED, Full Colour Always On Display, Corning® Gorilla® Glass DX 

- 42mm: 1.19" (30.4mm) 396x396 Super AMOLED, Full Colour Always On Display, Corning® Gorilla® Glass DX 

Processor 

Exynos W920 Dual Core 1.18GHz (5nm Processor) 

Memory 

1.5GB RAM + 16GB internal storage 

Battery 

44mm/46mm: 361mAh, 40m/42mm: 247mAh (typical) 

WPC-based wireless charging 

OS 

Wear OS Powered by Samsung 

UI 

One UI Watch 3 

Sensors 

Samsung BioActive Sensor (Optical Heart Rate + Electrical Heart + Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis), Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Light Sensor 

Connectivity 

LTE, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4+5GHz, NFC, GPS/Glonass/Beidou/Galileo 

Durability 

5ATM + IP68 / MIL-STD-810G 

Compatibility 

Android 6.0 or higher and with more than 1.5GB of RAM

Pre-order is available now for the Galaxy Watch4 and Galaxy Watch4 Classic until release on 27th August. With enhanced Trade-in and Google Play vouchers up for grabs, this is the easiest decision you'll make all year.  Although, we won't blame you if you get a bit stuck on which of the stylish colours to go for! 

Now it's over to you- what is standing out the most to you? Which feature do you think you'll use the most? Let us know below! 

58 REPLIES 58
Ekarahan
Navigator
Options
Yes useless watch faces in the play store but also I feel like official samsung watch faces was better looking and functional on watch 3
Rob Chapman
Student
Options

why is my Galaxy smart watch not supported on the trade in for the Galaxy watch 4?  SM-R800 ?   it was bought in 2019, works perfectly fine still and well over £200.  dont understand why its not even considered for a trade in? not even worth £50 apparently.  It still works fine, had a replacement strap and has all the features of the current one except a different OS and the blood pressure.  Guess Ill be sticking with this one then!  thanks for nothing Samsung!

0 Likes
Iain321
Pathfinder
Options

Samsung's trade-in offerings seem pretty random. And they change quite regularly. It's worth checking back often to see what's on offer. 

Members_LWVeK3P
Student
Options

Hi, it is my 4th Galaxy Watch now and I loved all as I had initially a wearable from another company and with another system. I like the Galaxy 4, too. Great style, more health measurement, sharp display.  BUT why Wear OS??? Tizen convinced me from the first second, it's layout, usability and the watch faces. I will miss the watch faces on Galaxy store... 

Iain321
Pathfinder
Options
The watch faces is Wear are not good. Missing the Galaxy Store watchfaces. Hopefully Samsung's implementation of Wear will improve with updates.
Daniel643
First Poster
Options

I have just purchased a Galaxy Watch4 Classic - I am having difficulty with my double press on the home button which I have set for Google Pay. It only works some of the time - any suggestions please.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Daniel643: If you head to Settings > Advanced features > Customise keys, and map Google Pay to Press and Hold on the Home Key, or assign it to the Watch's Back Key, do you notice an improvement? 

0 Likes
Daniel643
First Poster
Options

AndrewL,

thanks for reply.  The press & hold key only allows you to "Wake Bixby" or " Power Off Menu" and the Back Key only allows you "Go to previous screen" or "Show recent apps". I think I have it solved though, if you double press really quickly on the home button it works, I was obviously doing it too slowly.

There is no "Camera Controller" in my apps provided on the watch, my understanding is that it is supposed to be provided. 

0 Likes
Nick1958
First Poster
Options
Any one help got the galaxy classic 4 watch very short battery life only one day any help plese
0 Likes
Iain321
Pathfinder
Options

Watch 4 watchfaces are dismal. I'm now going backwards and using a Watch 3 until Samsung improves its Wear experience with updates, which I'm sure it will. 

0 Likes