Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate calories burnt

(Topic created on: 08-07-2021 10:07 PM)
sos17
Apprentice
Options
Does anyone know how to fix the issue of the inaccurate calories burnt on a Samsung active 2? It's showing less than half of what I'm actually burning during my session 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
lorraineg57
Pioneer
Options

Where are you getting the calories that you are assuming are correct? (Twice what the watch is telling you). I have my A2 connected to a heart rate monitor strap. My HRM tells me 600 calories (assuming this is correct since it's from a hrm). Samsung health however tells me I burned 1200 calories,  which I know is incorrect. Samsung health seems to be doubling calories burned. No idea why. That's why I asked. If you're thinking you are burning twice the calories, I hope you're not getting the higher number from samsung health.

0 Likes
sos17
Apprentice
Options
I'm getting less than half of the amount I'm actually burning, there are loads of apps and calculators you can put your average bpm in and it'll give you an estimate which is always higher than what my watch gives me
0 Likes
lorraineg57
Pioneer
Options

Average bpm is way too little info for anything to give you an accurate estimation of calorie burn. Unless  you are entering way more info than just bpm, your watch is likely closer to accurate than an online calculator. If you want accuracy, get an external HRM. 

0 Likes
sos17
Apprentice
Options
I have another watch and it seems more accurate tbf. I am not the only person who's raised this concern
0 Likes