Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't edit the sleep details for Active 2 watch

(Topic created on: 10-03-2021 03:59 PM)
Nivedita
First Poster
Options

I have the Active 2 watch. When I open up the Samsung Health app to see my sleep tracking data, the details are often wrong because it doesn't properly record when I wake up. For some reason, I will see the data that says what time I actually woke up, but then it will go back to tracking me as asleep until I open the app to sync up the data. So, I have tried to edit my sleep data to correctly stop at the time that I woke up. But when I try to edit in the Health app, the only options I see are to record manually or delete the sleep data. If I record manually, it overwrites whatever sleep data there is about my deep/light/REM sleep and just stores the time that I have input.

I know I was able to adjust the range of the sleep before without having to fully overwrite the existing data, but this feature seems to have disappeared with some update. I haven't been able to edit this in months which is frustrating because I don't think there is any point in the sleep tracking if I can't even keep it as accurate tracking data. 

Related thread that I found, suggests this issue is specific to the Active watch: https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyWatch/comments/b13rus/no_longer_able_to_edit_sleep_info/

6 REPLIES 6
brossow
Student
Options

Did you ever get an answer to this question? Having the same issue with my new Galaxy Watch and not being able to edit my sleep is a deal-breaker. Don't want to have to go back to Fitbit, but sleep data is useless to me if it can't be corrected. I don't jump out of bed immediately on waking, and so I'm getting up to an extra hour added to my sleep time. Not good!

Talita
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem. I just recently acquired a galaxy watch active 2 and noticed that it fails to recognize when I get up. I took a nap for about 40 minutes and it's registered as 2 hours. I can't edit, only delete or register manually, but this deletes the sleep patterns graph.

dembow
Explorer
Options
I have just encountered the same issue. It recorded two additional hours even though I was moving as well as using my Note 20 Ultra, so either my Galaxy Watch 3 or the phone should have recorded physical activity. There's no way to edit the sleep time in Samsung Health as it says that data has already been recorded for this time. The only option is to delete the data and enter the sleep time manually, but without any actual sleep data (like on Apple Watch that only has information on hours slept). This is quite disappointing and makes me wonder if engineers even use the products they design these apps around.
aun
Student
Options

The inability to edit the sleep data to reflect actual sleep time make this watch complete junk.  How on earth are you going to get any real data from a sleep record that tracks page turning reading time and the first 2 hours of a morning behind a computer as sleep?   Every day my watch happily tells me I have slept for 6-7 which is complete nonsense.   A simple thing like editing the sleep record would solve this issue.  Maybe Samsung is making $ from some third party health tracking vendor that reports to the government that folks in my particular country are getting and maintaining a good quality of sleep and therefore must be happy with their quality of life.    Completely useless as a health monitor.

brossow
Student
Options

This is exactly why I sold my Galaxy 46mm a few months ago and replaced it with a TicWatch Pro 2020, which is a fantastic watch and DOES let me edit my sleep. In some other respects I preferred the Samsung, but in every way that matters (to me) the TicWatch is a superior product.

Aymezee
First Poster
Options

As a former Fitbit user for many years, this inability to correct the sleep time is utter nonsense. Fitbit allows you to edit the timing (as well as delete) or manually input sleep start and stop times. Afterwards, it will then update and correct the sleep time with the appropriate sleep data. Samsung Health needs to follow their lead.