Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HOW TO PUT CUSTOM RINGTONES AND NOTIFICATIONS ON TO A GALAXY WATCH4 CLASSIC LTE + BLUETOOTH :)

(Topic created on: 03-12-2022 12:44 AM)
sjj67
Navigator
Options
HI ALL  --  
THIS STILL DOES  WORK BUT IT DOES NOT CHANGE THE NAME OF THE RINGTONE --
PLS READ THE LAST POST'S FROM -> 
pq03icF,

SORRY  EVERYONE  BUT  AFTER  THE  LATEST  UPDATE  FROM  ->SAMSUNG/GOOGLE..😤
THIS  WILL  NO  LONGER  WORK  😠

THANK SO MUCH FOR THE 💩💩 XMAS PRESENT FROM ALL US USER'S

AND THANK SO MUCH FOR FIXING SOMETHING THAT WAS NOT BROKEN..... AGAIN  😤

This is how i did it  🤕

i downloaded this app on the galaxy wear store called ,, "sorry it is in the google app store "

"  myWear File Explorer  "  ... i have no doubt that other app's will work to

install it on both phone and watch  , mine is a Galaxy Watch4 Classic 46mm - Paired with S10+

open the app and find the files you want on your phone - send them to your watch4

go to your watch , open the app - "  myWear File Explorer  " ,the files i transferred  were at the bottom of all the folders ,not in a folder..... "it is posible to change the destination folder"

tap/hold , they will go blue then tap the 3 dots on the side to copy,,

scroll to ringtone folder, tap to open and then tap the tick to paste them in the ringtone folder,

also paste them to the notification folder if you want to use them

then check to see if it's in the ringtone folder

go to settings/ sounds and vibration, down to ringtone and when i tapped on it

yeppie i got a new ringtone

i hope you understand how i did it

You may have to turn your watch off and back on

update for everyone ... check out the pic's on page3 / if you do get a bit lost

Now i have over 130+ ringtones notification and alarm sound's after restart

ENJOY  

***    please click the    -     Like Button...     ***

cheers   👍

confirmed file's that this works with -

.mp3 -- .ogg -- .m4a    ,,, have all worked for me and other's...

ps

i've also been told that this will allow you to set custom alarm sounds on your watch,,

and a few have said --

***   a restart must be done to see all custom sounds   ***

ORyNvxs mentioned:

"I didn't see my custom files on ringtone list even after few restarts. But then I switched in sound settings sound mode from "sound" to "vibration" then to "silent" and again to "sound" and my custom files appeared on a ringtone list.

also see the pic's further on in the post's to help you ,, page 3     💥🤕

©️

it will not be long before someone does a youtube video to show you how step by step

but don't forget it was here first

i just seen there is a video on youtube but it's rubbish.....2weeks old.....todays date 28/11/21

+++++++++

HI ALL ,, IS ANYONE WILLING TO MAKE A FULL VIDEO OF THIS ,, IF YOU CAN PLEASE DO ,,

AS I'M NO GOOD AT THAT KIND OF THING,,

ALL I ASK IS THAT WHO EVER DOES GIVE'S A SHOUT OUT IN YOUR VIDIEO

TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS

ORyNvxs --

Add Tags

147 REPLIES 147
TangoWolf24
Student
Options
I have the Watch 5 Pro BT, added custom notification and ringtone files as shown in this guide and with a recent update a few days ago as of writing, it reset my notif and ringtone to default and now they won't appear anymore.

I only use 2 custom notif sounds and 1 ringtone because in honesty I really don't like any of the default choices you get as well as wanting to make the watch more personal.

I've tried multiple, possible, solutions to try and fix whatever is going on but nothing is going right.

- Tried removing the .mp3 files from the folders (Notifications & Ringtone) and re-adding them multiple times
- Switching from Sound, Vibrate and Mute to see if that makes them appear
- Restarting the watch multiple times via the Shutdown button and by force reboot
- Tried a different file format, .ogg instead of .mp3
- Reset the watch
- Left the watch off overnight (About 10 hours)
- Updated apps on the Play Store through the watch itself
-Draining the battery to 0 until it wouldn't turn back on, letting it charge to 100% and left it a bit after before trying again.

If anyone has any fixes, ideas on fixes or any whereabouts to where I could possibly get help, anything would be appreciated at this point!
0 Likes
sjj67
Navigator
Options

hi tangowolf24,,

from what people are saying to looks like samsung have made so we can no longer put ringtones and notifications on the newer GW5,,,

i just hope they don'nt do it to the GW4..

but lets hope someone does it for GW5 owners..

sjj67

0 Likes
Solution
TangoWolf24
Student
Options
There is a way to do it but you need to have dev options enabled on your watch and using cmd with abd tools on Windows for your watch. The link below helped me as an alternate fix.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WearOS/comments/wyb8j7/guide_how_to_customize_ringtones_notifications/?utm_...
sjj67
Navigator
Options

thank so much on finding a way to fix it,,,

"last time i used the abd i crashed my watch so make sure you read everything first",

cheers again tangowolf24 for letting eveyone know how to get the ringtone and notifications working on the GW5 ,,,👍👍👍

0 Likes
Zotyoo
First Poster
Options

Until now, this solution worked perfectly until the VK6 version arrived. After the update, even though the tunes are in the right place, you can't see them anymore. Do you have a solution for this?

0 Likes
sjj67
Navigator
Options

yes i to can confirm that after updating my GW4 with the update ending VK6 ,, i have lost them all

so samsung thinks this will stop us,, but it may take a while..

i will rip apart the watches old OS compair to the new update -- and go from there..

so unless some has already found away ,, this is going to take some time to find a fix,,

many thanks to samsung for the xmas present,,   😠😷🤕

🔪us all in the back

Clegg
First Poster
Options

My first post, unfortunately not a positive one.

I too have been stupid enough to install the latest update at the weekend (12/12/2022) on both mine and the wife's watches... The struggle is real, the default list of ringtone and notifications absolutely suck. We're both gutted we can't continue using our pretty bland but tasteful custom sound files.

I will of course be keeping an eye on here for any suggestions, thank you to those of you who are doing what you do, we're grateful!

Matt

0 Likes
Daithi84
First Poster
Options

This still works.  I just did it now Dec 2022

0 Likes
sjj67
Navigator
Options

hi daithi84,,

can you tell me which watch you have and if you goto "setting"  all the way down to "about watch" and then goto "software info"  and tell me the last 4digits of the "software version",,

cheers

as i cant get this to work after the last update,, crashed watch 4x+ and my phone 2x

0 Likes
Gecks701
First Poster
Options

took the risk and updated, and yeah, it don't work.... onya samsung.

0 Likes