Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open Samsung Gear 360 (2017)?

(Topic created on: 27-07-2017 10:43 AM)
Sarah19
First Poster
Options

Anybody know how to open Samsung Gear 360 (2017)? I don’t care if warranty goes bad i just want to see what’s in and can i drill cooling holes to it. Thanks.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Opening the sealed unit will certainly invalidate the Manufacturing Warranty @Sarah19 and drilling "cooling holes " which shouldn't be required would probably introduce particles of material into the device from the initial drilling, and also allow dust / lint and moisture into the device which could cause further problems. 

If the device is in your opinion overheating then I'd suggest contacting a Samsung Service Location. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Sarah19
First Poster
Options
I think i'm not going to drill holes but i saw videos in ifixit.com how to open earlier 2016 model. Anybody know any videos showing how to open 2017 model?
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Good to hear about not drilling holes in it.  :smiling-face:

I'm sure you'll find a way to open it up if your want to still go down that avenue but I must point out that unsealing it will introduce dust and it may not work properly / go back together  properly.

Due to the reasons I've mentioned in my earlier reply and in this post here I'm unable to direct you on how to go down the avenue your considering. 

Take care @Sarah19

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "