Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect watch active 2 to 4g

(Topic created on: 12-10-2019 10:20 AM)
Favkb24
Pioneer
Options

I am unable to connect my watch active 2 to mobile network. Keeping getting error that mobile service is not available in my region.

133 REPLIES 133
Favkb24
Pioneer
Options

@GosiaID people on EE were having issue initially connecting because of what you just mention but there is a workaround you just have to be specific and mention the name of the system. Read previous post.  It cost extra £7 to activate the one number on Vodafone and I think the same on EE. All this network is just a missed communication and not proper training their staff 

Samantha22
Explorer
Options

@GosiaID wrote:

Hi all, for ppl having watch connected to Vodafone network. How much did you pay for that option /contract? I was thinking to buy the lte /4 G version, but after Google it it looks the only option is to buy it from EE if I want it to work. But now I see Vodafone should support it too? I spoke to EE, if I would buy a watch somewhere else than EE they don't provide any contract for the esim for watch. That's rubbish, because I was thinking to buy my watch directly from Samsung, but if I would do that I won't be able to connect it to the network, or maybe I'm missing something? 

It's £7 in addition to your Vodafone phone contract but if you aren't on Vodafone you can't do it.

Right now the watch won't connect with to 4G, though there's a successful hack above that seems to be resolving if you can borrow an iPhone. I can't for over a week so I'm still left with a problem. Vodafone are trying for me but I'm getting nowhere fast. 

moulsonp
Journeyman
Options

I see there is a Wearable app update on Android which claims support for the Active2. I hope this woulf fix the "region" issue. I've applied the iPhone workaround so can't verify it myself, but would be good to know if it works.

Chris_UK
Explorer
Options
It doesn't for me...
Favkb24
Pioneer
Options

Samsung is high tbh. how can you release a product and not test that it works on the android version of a wearable rather you make it works on IOS version?  or perhaps forgot to enable the feature on android.  They refused to post my review on the watch on the Samsung website.

Samantha22
Explorer
Options

@Chris_UK wrote:
It doesn't for me...

Nor me. Its so frustrating. 

Favkb24
Pioneer
Options
are u still getting the same error?
Samantha22
Explorer
Options

@Favkb24 wrote:
are u still getting the same error?

Yes I am. Vodafone were supposed to call me back yesterday and that didn't happen. On Sunday I was told it had been fixed by their "back office so I put him straight. 

Favkb24
Pioneer
Options

@Samantha22 

I suggest you email gmanager.sec@samsung.com. tell him that the latest update did the fix the issue your  having.  It's still showing as not available in your region

Make sure you can view your  one number on Vodafone website and its showing as active

Finger cross and try again 

Nominal
Explorer
Options

Well just reset my watch and connected it to a iphone and it now finds Vodafone net work but need them to re activate one number for me.

Just wounder if it's just the full reset thats needed,  anyone tried that?