Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect watch active 2 to 4g

(Topic created on: 11-10-2019 08:56 PM)
Favkb24
Pioneer
Options

I am unable to connect my watch active 2 to mobile network. Keeping getting error that mobile service is not available in my region.

133 REPLIES 133
Allawish
Apprentice
Options

@Favkb24 wrote:

Great  news guys. I used iphone and paired the watch and was able to connect to Vodafone and the 4g works. I was able to make calls while on standalone mode. 

This is shameful how can samsung watch and samsung app not compatible both android. I dont know where the fault lies now. 

That is good and crazy.....out of interest, what samsung phone were you trying to activate it with? I have been trying with S10+ .

0 Likes
Favkb24
Pioneer
Options

I have Samsung galaxy note 9

0 Likes
Favkb24
Pioneer
Options

I paid it back to my phone still not working  with same error

0 Likes
Chris_UK
Explorer
Options
Can you link it back to a Samsung phone after its been paired?

I might need to borrow an IPhone...
0 Likes
moulsonp
Journeyman
Options

I've been trying with Samsung S8. I wonder if this is a problem with Samsung's Galaxy Wearable app for Android.

0 Likes
Favkb24
Pioneer
Options

Ok people there is light at the end of the tunnel. Things are working for me. I had to put on my QA hat  to solve this. 

This is the solution for anyone having "mobile network isn't available in your region" issue

1. Make sure vodafone activate your one number and you can see the qr code on the website. Onenumber.vodafone.com  or just do it yourself. If your like me I had to get them to cancel my subscription then do it myself through the website

2. Borrow an iphone or if you have one great slot your sim card in restart it and make sure you can make calls and text

3. Download  the wearable app from appstore 

4. Pair your watch and follow the the setup instruction 

5. Test it out that every things works away from your phone

6.  Unpair the watch and select to forget the bluetooth 

7. Reset the watch  and it will completely die so you have to force reboot by pressing for a long time on the power button and let go it will come one

It will ask you to select vodafone network so select contract if your on your contract 

8. Pair the watch to your android phone and follow instruction. You will still get the region error just skip the screen and complete setup.

9. After a few minutes 2 or 5 select mobile data on the wearable app you will see vodafone

Your watch will initial show connected via bluetooth. Go to connections on the watch and select networks and choose always on and make sure mobile data is on.

Disconnect bluetooth and it will pick vodafone and just work.

Goodluck and I hope it works for everyone. It seems Vodafone and samsung has compatibility issue

Allawish
Apprentice
Options

@Favkb24 wrote:

Ok people there is light at the end of the tunnel. Things are working for me. I had to put on my QA hat  to solve this. 

This is the solution for anyone having "mobile network isn't available in your region" issue

1. Make sure vodafone activate your one number and you can see the qr code on the website. Onenumber.vodafone.com  or just do it yourself. If your like me I had to get them to cancel my subscription then do it myself through the website

2. Borrow an iphone or if you have one great slot your sim card in restart it and make sure you can make calls and text

3. Download  the wearable app from appstore 

4. Pair your watch and follow the the setup instruction 

5. Test it out that every things works away from your phone

6.  Unpair the watch and select to forget the bluetooth 

7. Reset the watch  and it will completely die so you have to force reboot by pressing for a long time on the power button and let go it will come one

It will ask you to select vodafone network so select contract if your on your contract 

8. Pair the watch to your android phone and follow instruction. You will still get the region error just skip the screen and complete setup.

9. After a few minutes 2 or 5 select mobile data on the wearable app you will see vodafone

Your watch will initial show connected via bluetooth. Go to connections on the watch and select networks and choose always on and make sure mobile data is on.

Disconnect bluetooth and it will pick vodafone and just work.

Goodluck and I hope it works for everyone. It seems Vodafone and samsung has compatibility issue

You are amazing!!!!

I can confirm this works. I borrowed my sisters iPhone SE and followed your instructions. Now working on 4g connected to my Samsung S10+ !

Quite incredible Samsung and Vodafone could not help with this.

0 Likes
Samantha22
Explorer
Options

I've only just found this thread when googling in desperation! 

What I've not seen mentioned on this thread is mismatched serial numbers. I have had 2 of these watches and both of them had different serial numbers on the box than on the watch themselves. However the IMEI & EID did match the box on both watches. 

Anyone notice this? 

I've spent hours on the phone with Samsung and not one knew about the issue & their attitude was return it or lump it. I've returned one & bought a second which has the identical issues as the first.

Today I've spent hours dealing with Vodafone, they at least have heard of the issue! Plus they have put serious effort in attempting to help. They've now asked me to wait 2hrs and then restart the phone & watch and they will call me back tomorrow. Not sure I'm holding out much hope!

I don't have a iPhone to try the above suggestion but my brother & his family of iPhone are visiting in a weeks time so I will try sweet talk one of them if I'm still having an issue.

It's aggravating to say the least. 

0 Likes
Cman2000
Journeyman
Options

@Favkb24  Thank you very much for this, i dug out an old iphone, and bosh im connected to the Vodafone network in standalone mode and also paired again on my Galaxy s9,  working fine. 

The whole Active 2 launch has just been one big calamity from delivery to function, Samsung should be embarassed! If it hadnt taken up so much of my time id find it funny! How ironic that the only way to get this working is by using a product from Smasungs greatest rival.

0 Likes
GosiaID
Journeyman
Options

Hi all, for ppl having watch connected to Vodafone network. How much did you pay for that option /contract? I was thinking to buy the lte /4 G version, but after Google it it looks the only option is to buy it from EE if I want it to work. But now I see Vodafone should support it too? I spoke to EE, if I would buy a watch somewhere else than EE they don't provide any contract for the esim for watch. That's rubbish, because I was thinking to buy my watch directly from Samsung, but if I would do that I won't be able to connect it to the network, or maybe I'm missing something? 

0 Likes