Did you mean: 

Original topic:

How to connect watch active 2 to 4g

(Topic created on: 11/10/19 18:16)
Favkb24
Navigator
Options
Wearables

I am unable to connect my watch active 2 to mobile network. Keeping getting error that mobile service is not available in my region.

133 REPLIES 133
Allawish
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

@Favkb24 wrote:

So the good news is there is no problem with the watch so not Samsung fault all Vodafone.

I did some testing 

first, I paired the watch with a Samsung note 8 phone that has three(3) sim card and I got an error "cannot connect to a network please contact your network provider" this is expected as three do not support wearable or one number yet.

second, I paired with an iPhone 7 that has Vodafone sim but it's my husband work phone (so business account). and it works like magic no error whatsoever. I just need to find a way to cancel and remove the subscription now before the company finds out.  

I just thought you all should know 

Oh wow. So you got it working on Vodafone by activating with an iphone?

Maybe its activation with a Samsung phone and vodafone it does not work on?

0 Likes
Favkb24
Navigator
Options
Wearables

Am thinking that it works because it's a business sim account. 

I will try swapping the sim card and use my sim card to see if I have the same error  or it will just work.

It would be very silly and unacceptable that samsung watch wont work with Samsung phone.

0 Likes
Allawish
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Mine is also a business account but not managed to get working. Perhaps Vodafone have fixed something in background. I am just going through full reset and going to try and pair again.

The one number website is now showing the esim is active and gives me a qr code so hopefully i can somehow scan that...

0 Likes
Allawish
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Still not working for me and I can't get an option to scan the QR code from the Samsung Wearable App.

I tried 3 times, on wifi, on 4g, and on 4g but with gps services set to GPS only rather than bluetooth and wifi detection.

I did notice that just before it tells you the region is not correct that the GPS icon pops up on the phone. That also must have some bearing...

0 Likes
Favkb24
Navigator
Options
Wearables

Great  news guys. I used iphone and paired the watch and was able to connect to Vodafone and the 4g works. I was able to make calls while on standalone mode. 

This is shameful how can samsung watch and samsung app not compatible both android. I dont know where the fault lies now. 

0 Likes
Allawish
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

@Favkb24 wrote:

Great  news guys. I used iphone and paired the watch and was able to connect to Vodafone and the 4g works. I was able to make calls while on standalone mode. 

This is shameful how can samsung watch and samsung app not compatible both android. I dont know where the fault lies now. 

That is good and crazy.....out of interest, what samsung phone were you trying to activate it with? I have been trying with S10+ .

0 Likes
Favkb24
Navigator
Options
Wearables

I have Samsung galaxy note 9

0 Likes
Favkb24
Navigator
Options
Wearables

I paid it back to my phone still not working  with same error

0 Likes
Chris_UK
Explorer
Options
Wearables
Can you link it back to a Samsung phone after its been paired?

I might need to borrow an IPhone...
0 Likes
moulsonp
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

I've been trying with Samsung S8. I wonder if this is a problem with Samsung's Galaxy Wearable app for Android.

0 Likes
Favkb24
Navigator
Options
Wearables

Ok people there is light at the end of the tunnel. Things are working for me. I had to put on my QA hat  to solve this. 

This is the solution for anyone having "mobile network isn't available in your region" issue

1. Make sure vodafone activate your one number and you can see the qr code on the website. Onenumber.vodafone.com  or just do it yourself. If your like me I had to get them to cancel my subscription then do it myself through the website

2. Borrow an iphone or if you have one great slot your sim card in restart it and make sure you can make calls and text

3. Download  the wearable app from appstore 

4. Pair your watch and follow the the setup instruction 

5. Test it out that every things works away from your phone

6.  Unpair the watch and select to forget the bluetooth 

7. Reset the watch  and it will completely die so you have to force reboot by pressing for a long time on the power button and let go it will come one

It will ask you to select vodafone network so select contract if your on your contract 

8. Pair the watch to your android phone and follow instruction. You will still get the region error just skip the screen and complete setup.

9. After a few minutes 2 or 5 select mobile data on the wearable app you will see vodafone

Your watch will initial show connected via bluetooth. Go to connections on the watch and select networks and choose always on and make sure mobile data is on.

Disconnect bluetooth and it will pick vodafone and just work.

Goodluck and I hope it works for everyone. It seems Vodafone and samsung has compatibility issue

Allawish
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

@Favkb24 wrote:

Ok people there is light at the end of the tunnel. Things are working for me. I had to put on my QA hat  to solve this. 

This is the solution for anyone having "mobile network isn't available in your region" issue

1. Make sure vodafone activate your one number and you can see the qr code on the website. Onenumber.vodafone.com  or just do it yourself. If your like me I had to get them to cancel my subscription then do it myself through the website

2. Borrow an iphone or if you have one great slot your sim card in restart it and make sure you can make calls and text

3. Download  the wearable app from appstore 

4. Pair your watch and follow the the setup instruction 

5. Test it out that every things works away from your phone

6.  Unpair the watch and select to forget the bluetooth 

7. Reset the watch  and it will completely die so you have to force reboot by pressing for a long time on the power button and let go it will come one

It will ask you to select vodafone network so select contract if your on your contract 

8. Pair the watch to your android phone and follow instruction. You will still get the region error just skip the screen and complete setup.

9. After a few minutes 2 or 5 select mobile data on the wearable app you will see vodafone

Your watch will initial show connected via bluetooth. Go to connections on the watch and select networks and choose always on and make sure mobile data is on.

Disconnect bluetooth and it will pick vodafone and just work.

Goodluck and I hope it works for everyone. It seems Vodafone and samsung has compatibility issue

You are amazing!!!!

I can confirm this works. I borrowed my sisters iPhone SE and followed your instructions. Now working on 4g connected to my Samsung S10+ !

Quite incredible Samsung and Vodafone could not help with this.

0 Likes
Cman2000
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

@Favkb24  Thank you very much for this, i dug out an old iphone, and bosh im connected to the Vodafone network in standalone mode and also paired again on my Galaxy s9,  working fine. 

The whole Active 2 launch has just been one big calamity from delivery to function, Samsung should be embarassed! If it hadnt taken up so much of my time id find it funny! How ironic that the only way to get this working is by using a product from Smasungs greatest rival.

0 Likes
GosiaID
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Hi all, for ppl having watch connected to Vodafone network. How much did you pay for that option /contract? I was thinking to buy the lte /4 G version, but after Google it it looks the only option is to buy it from EE if I want it to work. But now I see Vodafone should support it too? I spoke to EE, if I would buy a watch somewhere else than EE they don't provide any contract for the esim for watch. That's rubbish, because I was thinking to buy my watch directly from Samsung, but if I would do that I won't be able to connect it to the network, or maybe I'm missing something? 

0 Likes
Favkb24
Navigator
Options
Wearables

@GosiaID people on EE were having issue initially connecting because of what you just mention but there is a workaround you just have to be specific and mention the name of the system. Read previous post.  It cost extra £7 to activate the one number on Vodafone and I think the same on EE. All this network is just a missed communication and not proper training their staff 

Samantha22
Explorer
Options
Wearables

@GosiaID wrote:

Hi all, for ppl having watch connected to Vodafone network. How much did you pay for that option /contract? I was thinking to buy the lte /4 G version, but after Google it it looks the only option is to buy it from EE if I want it to work. But now I see Vodafone should support it too? I spoke to EE, if I would buy a watch somewhere else than EE they don't provide any contract for the esim for watch. That's rubbish, because I was thinking to buy my watch directly from Samsung, but if I would do that I won't be able to connect it to the network, or maybe I'm missing something? 

It's £7 in addition to your Vodafone phone contract but if you aren't on Vodafone you can't do it.

Right now the watch won't connect with to 4G, though there's a successful hack above that seems to be resolving if you can borrow an iPhone. I can't for over a week so I'm still left with a problem. Vodafone are trying for me but I'm getting nowhere fast. 

moulsonp
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

I see there is a Wearable app update on Android which claims support for the Active2. I hope this woulf fix the "region" issue. I've applied the iPhone workaround so can't verify it myself, but would be good to know if it works.

Chris_UK
Explorer
Options
Wearables
It doesn't for me...
Samantha22
Explorer
Options
Wearables

@Chris_UK wrote:
It doesn't for me...

Nor me. Its so frustrating. 

Favkb24
Navigator
Options
Wearables
are u still getting the same error?
Samantha22
Explorer
Options
Wearables

@Favkb24 wrote:
are u still getting the same error?

Yes I am. Vodafone were supposed to call me back yesterday and that didn't happen. On Sunday I was told it had been fixed by their "back office so I put him straight.